Applying to skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

walangtakot

Hello I am an 1100 hour pilot just applying to skywest. I applied to skywest, expressjet and Chautaqua and I got little confirmation thankyou emails from expressjet and chautaqua but nothing from skywest is this normal? or did I possibly screw something up? Also I already got a call from Chautaqua 3 days but have not heard yet from Skywest or expressjet. How long do you think is normal to wait. Thanks for your help
Hardworking pilot.

Go to a SkyWest group interview. Otherwise it could take months to hear anything at all. If you do the group thing you'll get a full interview date on the spot.

Go to a SkyWest group interview. Otherwise it could take months to hear anything at all. If you do the group thing you'll get a full interview date on the spot.

Haven't you heard that they all like to go the "group thing" out in Utah? That's the only way to get into heaven, aka, get hired by SkyWest.

Lol John and they will get their own planet, or universe or some crap like that. Wait, they also get to wear their own underwear. Hmm makes me want to go sign up right now..... NOTTTTTT

1100 hours? You are over qualified for a regional.

Hello I am an 1100 hour pilot just applying to skywest. I applied to skywest, expressjet and Chautaqua and I got little confirmation thankyou emails from expressjet and chautaqua but nothing from skywest is this normal? or did I possibly screw something up? Also I already got a call from Chautaqua 3 days but have not heard yet from Skywest or expressjet. How long do you think is normal to wait. Thanks for your help
Hardworking pilot.

From what I know, Skywest won't send you a thank you letter or anything. Just be patient, and keep checking your junk mail folder. For some reason their email gets put in there...I know a lot of people who were invited for interviews, but never knew about it because the email went into the junk mail folder and not their inbox........

The group interview is the fastest way to get an interview there. If you can't make it to one, be patient...it'll probably take them about a month, but they'll get to you if you're qualified.....

You may want to attend in another city.
Here is the info from SkyWest.com

PILOT CAREER FAIRS

Go to JOB OPENINGS to complete an ONLINE APPLICATION.

THIS IS NOT AN OPEN HOUSE. Doors will close and the presentation will begin at the time posted. If you miss the start time you will need to check the schedule for the next group interview closest to you.

LOCATION TIME / ADDRESS

Chicago, IL Tue. December 18th - 10AM, Wyndham Garden Chicago O'Hare Airport, 8201 West Higgins Rd., Chicago, IL 60631

Denver, CO Wed. December 12th - 10 AM, Hilton Garden Inn Denver Airport, 16475 E. 40th Circle, Denver, CO 80011

Los Angeles, CA Tue. December 11th - 10AM, Crown PLaza Los Angeles Airport, 3685 W. Century Blvd. Los Angeles, CA

Phoenix, AZ Thu. December 13th - 10AM, Hilton Phoenix Airport, 2435 S. 47th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034

Sacramento Tue. December 4th - 10AM, Four Points by Sheraton SMF Airport, 4900 Duckhorn Drive, Sacramento, CA 95834

Salt Lake City, UT Thu. November 29th - 10AM, SkyWest Hangar-Media Center 1129 N. 3950 W. Salt Lake City, UT

Thu. December 20th - 1PM, SkyWest Hangar-Media Center 1129 N. 3950 W. Salt Lake City, UT

San Francisco, CA Thu. December 6th - 10AM, Doubletree Hotel San Francisco Airport, 835 Airport Blvd, Burlingame, CA 94010

SkyWest Inc=nearly 5000 pilots, nearly 20,000 employees. Sorry you didn't get a call back. Best way is attend an event. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey thanks for all the replies

Thanks for all of the replies and help. I would like to work for skywest but my only question is do they really need/want me. Two other airlines have called and it didn't take them anywhere near a month.

Be patient and go where you want to be. You won't regret it.

Latest resources

Back