• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Apologising to ASA passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeez....If they had a mass drug test of our rampers we would all be waiting on the ramp till the tires lost air pressure.

razorbacks said:
Working for comair I have to agree with the previous posts. Coming in and out of JFK and ATL several times in the last few days I've had to make the same PA's. We don't even bring liquor cab.'s in / out of ATL. My guess is that the company knows how much we will lose in "comps" if we have them onboard. great customer service
Also, i witnessed first hand today what you guys have been saying about doing the rampies work. I saw 2 separate ASA CA's carrying ice and drinks out to their airplanes because the ramp crews were taking so long. Don't get on my spelling...i know i can't spell.

30 minute wait to park last nite(ops insisted the plane on our gate was ready to push, even though he still had the cabin door open and people boarding). Then on the outbound 30 minute wait for baggage after we had been boarded up and closed the door. We were the lucky ones.

That place is miserable.

Last edited:
This place amazes me a bit....instead of hiring a few more rampers at about $9/hr they would rather pay the flight crews a combined $100 or so to sit on the ramp waiting for parking!!! One extra hour of that....which happens ALL THE TIME, would pay for 10 extra rampers. I'm no math expert, but that doesn't make any sense!

wmuflyguy said:
30 minute wait to park last nite(ops insisted the plane on our gate was ready to push, even though he still had the cabin door open and people boarding). Then on the outbound 30 minute wait for baggage after we had been boarded up and closed the door. We were the lucky ones.

That place is miserable.
How do you guys get so lucky? I never get to wait like that! I bid high block all summer hoping for long delays and ground stops. Nothing. Nada. Zip! How the he!! do you do it?

Maybe it a conspiracy....

ohplease! said:
How do you guys get so lucky? I never get to wait like that! I bid high block all summer hoping for long delays and ground stops. Nothing. Nada. Zip! How the he!! do you do it?

Maybe it a conspiracy....

Once again, Ohplease, you've been touched by the hand of God. My guess it that everyone else is just making this stuff up. It's a darn good thing you're on here to get the truth out there. Here's one I had a couple of weeks ago: CAE-ATL, flight time=40 minutes, time to get parked=40 minutes.

-Blucher

Blucher said:
Once again, Ohplease, you've been touched by the hand of God. My guess it that everyone else is just making this stuff up. It's a darn good thing you're on here to get the truth out there. Here's one I had a couple of weeks ago: CAE-ATL, flight time=40 minutes, time to get parked=40 minutes.

-Blucher
tell me your secret. I want more block time for July. Right now I'm only up to 104 hr. credits.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back