• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APAAD Founders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
anybody have a list of APAAD Founders and Major Supporters who are still active Pilots?

Would be nice to have a hard-copy list to slide in the same binder as the ALPA Master Scab list, Freedumb A List and HoHoHojets List....

"Yes Alex, I'll take - People who will Never ride on my Jumpseat - for $1000"

!

Last edited:
anybody have a list of APAAD Founders and Major Supporters who are still active Pilots?

Would be nice to have a hard-copy list to slide in the same binder as the ALPA Master Scab list, Freedumb A List and HoHoHojets List....

"Yes Alex, I'll take - People who will Never ride on my Jumpseat - for $1000"

!

They couldn't care less about your jumpseat. They got theirs and you got the shaft...............

Live with it.

Dude... you got politcally outmanuvered in your career. Democracy rules. You lost.

Maybe you'll learn from this? Maybe you won't

Maybe you'll get politically active and protect your career from Open Skies. maybe you won't...

Maybe you'll stop hating....
I doubt it...

But in the end.. your the politics of your career are real. Self government is the methodology....you just have to climb inside your mind....

There should be a list. It doesn't have to be a completely negative thing. But I would [will] continue to know where these guys are politically. I don't think these guys are done. Additionally, as a CAL pilot I've spent years listening to Prater's contemporaries gripe and moan about how much they lost during the strike and how much they hated scabs. It's been 25 years and it has not let up. There are as many as 100-300 CAL pilots today that are going to lose their seat due to this. NOT their projected, potential or theorhetical seat...the seat they are in right now, the one they've earned. If it were Prater and the gang getting this treatment: They would be putting names on a list!! (That question doesn't get asked enough, what would these old guys do if the age was changed the same way on them years ago??)

Rez: Consider that being a total slave to the process might be what they want you to do. You know: friends close, enemies closer? They could intend to proclaim foriegn control a foregone eventuality and, despite a wide majority against it, negotiate away our entire future to secure themselves a few MORE years.

Do you really believe if 75% of ALPA voted in the age surveys that Prater would a have done differently??

Rez: Consider that being a total slave to the process might be what they want you to do. You know: friends close, enemies closer? They could intend to proclaim foriegn control a foregone eventuality and, despite a wide majority against it, negotiate away our entire future to secure themselves a few MORE years.

That might be true.... how is being politically active a problem?

Do you really believe if 75% of ALPA voted in the age surveys that Prater would a have done differently??

So that is a reason to not to? I believe a larger consensus might have provided a different methodology. When I was a status rep I asked the membership what they wanted. I got zero reply. I bit insulted I was, so I did what ever the hell I wanted....all with apathy's blessing....

Hey Rez, How old are you?

Does it matter? My input is not on how age 65 effects me... my input is how our apathy effects all of us...

That might be true.... how is being politically active a problem?

Not a problem. Let's get equally outside the box as they did as well.

So that is a reason to not to? I believe a larger consensus might have provided a different methodology. When I was a status rep I asked the membership what they wanted. I got zero reply. I bit insulted I was, so I did what ever the hell I wanted....all with apathy's blessing....

Right!! Different methodology: Same result!! This is what Prater meant to do, change the age no matter what.

Does it matter? My input is not on how age 65 effects me... my input is how our apathy effects all of us...

If it takes making a list to remind us what happened then so be it!! Is there any doubt that if this seniority loss was that of Prater's generation there would be a list?! We've got a scab list at CAL that they've made available to every new pilot for 25 years. Didn't matter if you were old Braniff, got hired and then thought better of it and quit, striker who came back too early, or if you were 83 super scab who answered Lorenzo's call, no quarter has been given by Prater's generation.

The difference between a scab and someone at APAAD is the political process. the APAAD guys played by the rules and won.

That is like calling the Red Soxs scabs b/c they won the WS.

No, it would be like the Red Sox, trailing near the end of the 9th inning, going to Bud Selig and handing him $5 million to declare that baseball no longer has 9 innings, it actually has 12!!!

The difference between a scab and someone at APAAD is the political process. the APAAD guys played by the rules and won.

This should not be a list for JS retaliation or anything hostile. (We don't need to ALL the way down to Prater's level) This should be done for accounting and fiscal collective bargaining reckoning.

Latest resources

Back