APAAD Founders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez,
I like the way you are approaching this. This is all our fault. We had a lot of time to put a stop to this or at least slow it down but nothing was done. Prater came out and said he was going to do this. APAAD said they were going to do this. This was no surprise. I think most folks were counting on congress not approving this again as they and the courts have done over the last several decades. 60,000 members in ALPA. If we had a couple thousand writing the papers, calling their senators and pressuring their MECs and Prater there might have been a different outcome. I completely disagree with the age 65 rule on safety and selfish professional reasons but I did not do jack squat to ensure it did not happen. There was the highly organized APAAD with one mission in life and on the opposing side there was.....nothing but silence.

Jack Handy moment: I am an apathetic loser who contributed to a significant decline in my net worth...but gall darnit, I still like me.

APAADLeaders.JPG

From the APAAD.org website:

The APAAD Leadership with Sen John Breaux (third from left)
Paul Emens, SWA, Denny Holman, UAL, Sen Breaux, Mike Ballard, UAL, Gary Cottingham, USA, and Stan Sutterfield, SWA, Chairman, APAAD. Missing in the photo is Paul Turner, USA.

APAADLeaders.JPG

From the APAAD.org website:

The APAAD Leadership with Sen John Breaux (third from left)
Paul Emens, SWA, Denny Holman, UAL, Sen Breaux, Mike Ballard, UAL, Gary Cottingham, USA, and Stan Sutterfield, SWA, Chairman, APAAD. Missing in the photo is Paul Turner, USA.

Best avatar without breasts....ever.

break/break...Rez, STFU. Are you even a pilot?

Best avatar without breasts....ever.

break/break...Rez, STFU. Are you even a pilot?

Nope...just some that understands the system, takes my responsibilities seriously and doesn't cry like a crack hoe when the gov't dole doesn't provide like I think it should...

What are you?

Nope...just some that understands the system, takes my responsibilities seriously and doesn't cry like a crack hoe when the gov't dole doesn't provide like I think it should...

What are you?

Wait.

You're not a pilot? You're on here 24 hours a day extolling the virtues of ALPA and you're not even a fricking pilot?

Of course he's a pilot.

Rez,
I like the way you are approaching this. This is all our fault...
No we didn't. We were too busy flying full months and taking care of families and kids. We weren't 58 years old, with no kids, and unlimited sick time to fly to Capital Hill every week. We had work to do.

No we didn't. We were too busy flying full months and taking care of families and kids. We weren't 58 years old, with no kids, and unlimited sick time to fly to Capital Hill every week. We had work to do.

I'm in the same predicament you are too! Its just that the senior citizens got organized and spent years getting this together. We countered with nothing. Our elected officials did nothing because we as a group demanded nothing of them. I think it was even compounded further with Prater being disingenuous. But the fact remains that Rez is just rubbing our noses in it because Open Skies and Foreign pilot stuff is coming down the pipeline and we sure as hell better get it together better than we did this time.

I'm in the same predicament you are too! Its just that the senior citizens got organized and spent years getting this together. We countered with nothing. Our elected officials did nothing because we as a group demanded nothing of them. I think it was even compounded further with Prater being disingenuous. But the fact remains that Rez is just rubbing our noses in it because Open Skies and Foreign pilot stuff is coming down the pipeline and we sure as hell better get it together better than we did this time.

My delivery is a bit stand off-ish..... My intent is to motivate and get pilots to protect ther careers and particapte in the process. That is win win for all of us...

I guess I am not ready to beg and plead that a professional pilot take responsibility for his/her own career.

Nonetheless, all of our success is dependant on all of us pulling togther... not fighting, not sueing the Association.... no one gives a Sh#t about us... not even us....

Latest resources

Back