• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA Votes Down TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean the very BK court that has no confidence whatsoever in Horton And Co?

Voting YES on this Turd would have earned our spot as the biggest sellouts since the B-scale 1982 deal! The TA was THE MOST CONCESSIONARY CONTRACT in Airline History. And the Co was using the Fear Factor to whack us into submission.

You watch - we will get everything in the "Last Best Offer" and probably more. The Co is terrified of implementing the 1113 due to the labor chaos that will ensue - which will prevent the New AA from rebuilding.

LEVERAGE - We used it to the max. Bravo AA Pilots! Fight's on.
Agree good job

You are a loser my friend. The only thing to say right now is thanks to the AA pilot group for having the balls you clearly lack.

Finally a group of pilots act according to whats right instead of this beat dog-take what you can get crap.

F*** management. Keep your scraps!

Faith in my fellow pilot has been renewed...4600 of them at least.

Thanks for the mature reply Cave. This has nothing to do with me having balls or not. I'm not an AA pilot so I don't have their perspective. But from an outsider's viewpoint, with AA currently in BK, I am skeptical that a much better deal will come soon. I hope I am wrong and I will be the first to enjoy a healthy helping of crow if I am.

Anyway, congrats to the AA pilots for standing up for their livelihoods. And I hope things work out for the best one way or another.

First and foremost- excellent job AA
Very proud :)
Always deferred-
That's a pretty quick judgement and I don't mean to pile on- but riddle us this- the pilots voted in massive concessions after 9/11 to stave off BK- and AA gave all that money to themselves - why on earth would any AA pilot vote in fear of a BK judge again?

You're absolutely right. I spoke too quickly without fully reading the language and terms of the TA and going off of heresay. That was foolish of me. I had a good discussion this evening with an AA pilot and we discussed the BK codes what courts can do to contracts. Based on his enlightening me, I will say that voting no was AA pilot's best option now. From what I understand a BK judge can only impose terms for the duration of the BK, which (hopefully) will be less than the 6 years in the TA.

That said, why would APA even endorse something so concessionary and waste time bringing it to the pilots?

Again I should have been more up on the facts before posting. Goodluck AA guys.

How long could management drag their feet after exiting bankruptcy to negotiate a new contract if a concessionary contract was imposed by a judge?

How long could management drag their feet after exiting bankruptcy to negotiate a new contract if a concessionary contract was imposed by a judge?

My understanding, though not 100% sure, is that labor agreements would need to be in place prior to securing exit financing.

I don't think that's right.

That said, why would APA even endorse something so concessionary and waste time bringing it to the pilots?

Again I should have been more up on the facts before posting. Goodluck AA guys.

They sent it out to the pilots so that they could maintain some goodwill with the creditors and the BK court. If they hadn't sent it out, they would have been vilified for being intransigent. Instead of having a small APA board of directors as the enemy, now they have the entire pilot group to deal with. Excellent move, in my opinion. Anyone who thinks they should have approved it hasn't really drilled down to the details of what they were voting on.

They sent it out to the pilots so that they could maintain some goodwill with the creditors and the BK court. If they hadn't sent it out, they would have been vilified for being intransigent. Instead of having a small APA board of directors as the enemy, now they have the entire pilot group to deal with. Excellent move, in my opinion. Anyone who thinks they should have approved it hasn't really drilled down to the details of what they were voting on.

Well said...this was a good move for APA. Well done boys!

Latest resources

Back