• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA Proposal Posted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It only seems to be getting worse. I live about a block from AA and APA headquarters. The street is filled with news crews right now. Negotiations will be over today as AMR will file Chapter 11 if they don't get their way.

Interesting. I couldn't help but notice they are still trying to steal the 70-seat RJ and associated jobs from the Eagle pilots.

surplus1 said:
Interesting. I couldn't help but notice they are still trying to steal the 70-seat RJ and associated jobs from the Eagle pilots.

Some may call it "liberate" insted of "steal". It all depends on what side of the fence you are on.

jetexas said:
...and what your ethics are.

If no eagle pilots loose their job, and they only have to "suffer" stagnation for a while, whats the problem. Do you really think the AA pilots should agree to allow unlimited RJ's furlough 2200 ADDITIONAL pilots and not get one of their guys employment?

If this is what you suggest then it is YOUR ethics that come into question.

NYRANGERS said:
Do you really think the AA pilots should agree to allow unlimited RJ's furlough 2200 ADDITIONAL pilots and not get one of their guys employment?

Of course they think that, and all the while they'll still be wailing "poor, poor pitiful me...poor, poor pitiful me".

The American pilots were hired at AA not Eagle. If they want to fly at Eagle they can either flow back according to the terms of the EAGLE agreement, or they can file an application, interview, and GO TO THE BOTTOM of the list, just like the rest of us. Having 10+ year FO's (or longer) is not acceptable.

FastPilot said:
The American pilots were hired at AA not Eagle. If they want to fly at Eagle they can either flow back according to the terms of the EAGLE agreement, or they can file an application, interview, and GO TO THE BOTTOM of the list, just like the rest of us. Having 10+ year FO's (or longer) is not acceptable.

American pilots are not interested in working for eagle. They are "liberalizing" their scope and they are going to fly the RJ's for your rates, not for your company. I hope that all of the eagle guys retain their jobs, but additional jets should go to the guys who were "sacrificed" by APA. I imagine the APA pilots did not give up jobs at AA so that you can "move up". Nor do I believe they did it so that you have more pilots below you, so that YOU have some furlough protection.

Any AA pilots care to weigh in here?

NYR

Rangers are only 4 points behind the Isles. Atlanta will go down tonight and then the Islanders on Tuesday. Rangers tied for the 8th spot!!!!!!!!! by Tuesday night.

Latest resources

Back