• Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
TWA Dude,

Just some observations:

6. We have more RJ's and flexibility than any other airline

7. We have a plan to fight the LCC's, and will start flying it April
15th---well ahead of any major--and AA still doesn't have a
plan. Yes, our LCC name does suck--but the plan is solid

Have you seen AA's TA? WE ARE A LCC NOW! Don't get me wrong...I'm not happy about it. I think our new mantra is going to be SWA +1%.

stock price

Gen Lee, a stocks actual price per share cannot be compared to other airlines stock price. Its apples and oranges, you have to ask some other questions, how many outstanding shares are there, P/E ratio, ect. Comparing a $10 Delta stock, $4 AMR, and 30$ JBLU doesn't show anything.

80drvr said:
TWA Dude,

The AMR BOD is Carty's lapdog. The APA decided to fold and is trying to save face.

**YAWN**

Instead of making yourself feel better by bashing your own union, why not give some rationale for your opinion that life will be so much rosier with the bankruptcy judge and creditors' committee dictating the pilots' contract.

Numerous experts and advisors convinced the APA BOD that practically anything is better than Chap 11, so if it can be prevented then try to do it. What do you know that bankruptcy attorneys don't?

I'm not bashing the union. I'm just calling it like I see it. The union is a political animal and covering one's ass is the nature of the beast. Only time will tell if APA made the right call or not. We'll never know whether they could have spent another hour on the equity/duration or not.

As far as the APA BOD goes, Carty calls the shots and the BOD rubber stamps it.

80drvr said:
Have you seen AA's TA? WE ARE A LCC NOW! Don't get me wrong...I'm not happy about it. I think our new mantra is going to be SWA +1%.

Hate to asskick ya with a dose of reality but you guys couldn't afford SWA + 1%.

Latest resources

Back