• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA President raises the white flag of surrender

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are only a few justifications for such a ridiculous belief.

You are on ALAP FPL and haven't flown the line for two decades...

YGTBSM...

You are on ALAP FPL and haven't flown the line for two decades...

You are REZ or PCL..

Or, you are on ALAP FPL and haven't flown the line for two decades...

You are in USAPA.
USAPA is the biggest failure in the the history of pilot unions in commercial aviation. They truly are an embarrassment to the profession.
Nuff said.

Agreed. Feel good rhetoric is no substitute for actually getting things done for your pilot group. The APA's previous approach had the NMB putting them on ice for an indefinite time. Captain Bates has the courage to change the APA's current course, which has resulted in ZERO. Good for him , good for the American pilots, good for the profession.

+1 (million)

All good points...we as pilots however have to join together to amend the RLA, it is way too pro management. I'm not saying it needs to be pro labor, but we need...a stopgap in the contracts and the negotiating process that allows cost of living increases or pay raises at the end of the current contracts. I don't think it should be like the UAW contracts, where they walk off the job at the end of the contract, but the RLA needs a process to prevent management from stalling and stalling.

How about an amendable date like we have now but also have an expiration date (UAW style) 2 years after that and we walk. I can't imagine anybody saying that's not long enough to have a new contract. It's only not long enough if management keeps calling in sick for negotiations or showing up unprepared like Parker's people. Our postion should be that it should only take a few months for negotiations so two years is reasonable.

ALPA has the BEST people in North America when it comes to dealing with pilot contracts. However, your MEC has to listen to them and take their advice.[/QUOTE]

You got that one wrong ALPA is one big job killing machine, just look what they have done to the industry ask the pros at Delta, United, America West/US Air and on and on and on. They talk a big talk but loose every fight in the long run, just ask the boys at Com Air.

If you guys would work instead of trying to find ways out of work maybe the company would take care of you, instead you guys love to sit home and tell your friends and neighbors how much you dont work and get paid to do it.

You guys need to move on let guys that want to work and fly have your seat and you can spend more time running your yogurt shop.

I have never been around a group of people that whine and complain more that unionized airline pilots. Enough is never enough, you spend the first half of your life selling your soul to get on at a major, then spend the rest of your life trying to screw the company who pays you. WTFO

That's right ignore the facts because of a spelling error, no disputing facts laid out is there. I am amazed anybody listens, follows, pays dues to or backs the ALPA job killing machine. You guys all drink the koolaid pay the dues then hold hands and jump off the cliff together, then cry when the landing is more than you can take.

Shut ALPA down stop paying them to ruin your company

Last edited:
You got that one wrong ALPA is one big job killing machine, just look what they have done to the industry ask the pros at Delta, United, America West/US Air and on and on and on. They talk a big talk but loose every fight in the long run, just ask the boys at Com Air.

If you guys would work instead of trying to find ways out of work maybe the company would take care of you, instead you guys love to sit home and tell your friends and neighbors how much you dont work and get paid to do it.

You guys need to move on let guys that want to work and fly have your seat and you can spend more time running your yogurt shop.

I have never been around a group of people that whine and complain more that unionized airline pilots. Enough is never enough, you spend the first half of your life selling your soul to get on at a major, then spend the rest of your life trying to screw the company who pays you. WTFO

Hey....I like your way of thinking!

Have you ever considered a future in airline management?

Latest resources

Back