• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA President raises the white flag of surrender

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's about time, pitty that the RLA gives all the leverage power to the government.

Pilot union can't do anything for fear of fines from the Texas Judge in AMR's pocket, because the union is not released to self-help, per the RLA. NMB a.k.a., the government, decides when you can be released. The NMB is not even engaged right now with the negociations because in the NMB's opinion, there's too many issues the APA wants to negociate. So it's status-quo forever, government has the leverage........

MM

I'm just a lurker here, but this flyvixen is a management wind-up-guy, who obviously has no clue about flying the line. His profile has 18,000 hours flown and a 73 type, doubt that, come on dude!

Must have been hard getting those 18,000 737 hours without the union behind you.

MM

Hey Max

First of all I have put another half a dozen types on the profile but really whats the point.

Second I have always had flying jobs where I actually flew airplanes..allot, unlike you guys who sell your souls to get on at a major and then stop flying sit home and complain, plotting to burn your own company down all the while running your yogurt shop.

When you guys stop complaining, start working and making some money for your company for a change maybe you will get that raise you say you are worth.?

Dont get me wrong sitting at home getting paid to complain is good work if you can get it but how long can your company continue to pay you not to work before it shuts the doors and sends you all packing.

I'm just saying

It's about time, pitty that the RLA gives all the leverage power to the government.

Pilot union can't do anything for fear of fines from the Texas Judge in AMR's pocket, because the union is not released to self-help, per the RLA. NMB a.k.a., the government, decides when you can be released. The NMB is not even engaged right now with the negociations because in the NMB's opinion, there's too many issues the APA wants to negociate. So it's status-quo forever, government has the leverage........

MM

I beg to differ. In the scales of negotiations, the NMB is the fulcrum. Where they move the fulcrum--either towards management or labor is up to them. The leverage is whomever has the strength. Right now it's management because they're painting the picture that the APA's demands are unrealistic. So unless APA comes off of their position (read Bate's letter) or has some political influence with the NMB (not likely when you're not affiliated with AFL-CIO) they're going to be parked.

Had it been the other way around...and labor had the strength...you'd see the NMB release the parties.

Latest resources

Back