• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA Pilot Running for Congress

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your 717 runs on oil....not biofuel, wind, or solar.....

Nice one-dimensional thinking, Joe. What do you think would happen to the price of oil if we shifted 75% of our electricity production to solar, wind, and nuclear? What would happen to the price of oil if we increased the fuel efficiency standards of our cars by 50%? You think the kerosine that we pump into our planes might be a lot cheaper? Yeah, thought so.

As far as the "science" of global warming....it is mostly junk science.....The envirnonmental wackos want to put you and I out of work....

You've watched one too many episodes of Glenn Beck. It never ceases to amaze me that a bunch of airline pilots with no training at all in environmental sciences try to dispute the settled consensus from 95% of the scientific community that global warming not only exists, but is being partly caused by fossil fuel emissions. You aren't a scientist, Joe. Stop pretending to be.

You've watched one too many episodes of Glenn Beck. It never ceases to amaze me that a bunch of airline pilots with no training at all in environmental sciences try to dispute the settled consensus from 95% of the scientific community that global warming not only exists, but is being partly caused by fossil fuel emissions. You aren't a scientist, Joe. Stop pretending to be.[/quote]

Let's not forget the same 95% of scientist said there was global freezing in the mid 70's and and that if we didn't do anything we'd all be living like the eskimos by 2010.

Furthermore, I do know a lot about the enviroment and don't like the generlization.

Anyone else feel like I am reading from a Gore/Palosi blog not an Airline Pilot one?

He's APA, not ALPA.

And if APA's stance on ALPA-represented Eagle is any indication, I would not be voting for this guy for ANYTHING.

From a CAPA Update:

Legislative alert!
Fellow pilots, we need your help ASAP! One of our own, Captain Paul Rancatore from American Airlines and the Allied Pilots Association is a leading candidate for Congress. Paul's district represents the Florida Space and Treasure Coasts (Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Orlando airport, Vero Beach, Kissimmee). Paul has been a tireless worker for CAPA and aviation security issues. He has helped Congress pass legislation for new cockpit doors and cargo security.

Paul needs our help NOW! He needs everyone to make a $50 donation to the campaign. Why is this important? For several reasons:

1. We need Paul's experience in Congress to help us with our issues. By having a Congressman who is one of own, is worth an Army of lobbyists. This benefit is priceless. Donating a dinner or two to the campaign is a drop in the bucket for the value we will receive.

2. A campaign is won in the media/TV and must have several million in the bank to buy TV time. A small contribution of $50 or $100 by everyone helps Paul get on the Air. He is not asking for a lot from us, just something to help him fund a professional campaign. The Party leadership recruited Paul to run because of his family history in Congress and his military experience. We need to help him now!

This is an excellent chance to send one of our own to serve in Congress.
Please donate now!
http://www.rancatore4congress.com/

Don't we still have an AirTran pilot running for congress in NC?

Like the pilots that keep voting Republican while Labor takes it up the backside?

The first thing labor needs is viable companies....No profits.....no increased pay....High oil prices are the number one threat right now.....

The RLA won't change either way.....but lowering oil prices will help......

Airline labor has taken hits since the Democrate Jimmy Carter signed the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978.....The Democrats are also pro "consumer".....We won't make more if politicians want cheaper tickets and higher oil.....Big picture......

You've watched one too many episodes of Glenn Beck. It never ceases to amaze me that a bunch of airline pilots with no training at all in environmental sciences try to dispute the settled consensus from 95% of the scientific community that global warming not only exists, but is being partly caused by fossil fuel emissions. You aren't a scientist, Joe. Stop pretending to be.

well said, an airline pilot disputing global warming is like a scientist telling an airline pilot how to fly.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back