• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PCL_128

From a CAPA Update:

Legislative alert!
Fellow pilots, we need your help ASAP! One of our own, Captain Paul Rancatore from American Airlines and the Allied Pilots Association is a leading candidate for Congress. Paul's district represents the Florida Space and Treasure Coasts (Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Orlando airport, Vero Beach, Kissimmee). Paul has been a tireless worker for CAPA and aviation security issues. He has helped Congress pass legislation for new cockpit doors and cargo security.

Paul needs our help NOW! He needs everyone to make a $50 donation to the campaign. Why is this important? For several reasons:

1. We need Paul's experience in Congress to help us with our issues. By having a Congressman who is one of own, is worth an Army of lobbyists. This benefit is priceless. Donating a dinner or two to the campaign is a drop in the bucket for the value we will receive.

2. A campaign is won in the media/TV and must have several million in the bank to buy TV time. A small contribution of $50 or $100 by everyone helps Paul get on the Air. He is not asking for a lot from us, just something to help him fund a professional campaign. The Party leadership recruited Paul to run because of his family history in Congress and his military experience. We need to help him now!

This is an excellent chance to send one of our own to serve in Congress.
Please donate now!
http://www.rancatore4congress.com/

As a former TWA pilot, I'd be interested to know what Paul's position was/is on airline seniority during merger or acquisition.

Would Paul be willing to go after say, a Don Carty type after they get approval by lying under oath in Congressional testimony?

PIPE

There is also a Delta 767 captain running as an independent in Alabama for Congress. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name.

As a voter in this district....No way! He is a big govt, national health care, no oil drilling, liberal....

I 'll never take advice from a pilot on how to manage money, keep a marriage...and hell no on how to run a country.

He doesn’t want “Drill Here, Drill Now”.
He thinks global warming is a concern.
He’s a member of APA.

Why would anyone want to support this union pilot that doesn’t understand the issues.

He doesn’t want “Drill Here, Drill Now”.

Excellent!

He thinks global warming is a concern.

Yep. Must be that pesky "science" stuff.

He’s a member of APA.

Excellent! A member of a strong pilots' union that can represent the interests of the non-rich. Exactly what we need more of in congress.

Why would anyone want to support this union pilot that doesn’t understand the issues.

I think it's quite obvious that he does understand the issues. I wish McCain would listen to him and learn something.

Last edited:
Your 717 runs on oil....not biofuel, wind, or solar.....

We need to drill in addition to working on future energy types.....

It's more eco-friendly and economically sound to drill here than transport oil thousands of miles from countries that hate us.....

As far as the "science" of global warming....it is mostly junk science.....The envirnonmental wackos want to put you and I out of work....

http://www.junkscience.com/Greenhouse/

Any pilot who supports someone who caters to the "green" extremists is simply shooting themselves in the foot.....

Latest resources

Back