• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA caves on Scope issues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, guys, debating the whole TWA thing should probably be saved for after we retire. I'd be more vocal about it if my chances of even being recalled(let alone having any kind of career there) to AA weren't disappearing rapidly.

Slick, G4G5 and PHX767 weren't the ones who did us in so we're kind of pi$$ing into the wind. AND, they would have gotten whacked without the TWA merger anyway. I guess for us bottom dwellers, it's a wash.

I hope everyone finds a job that they are happy with and goes on to have a great career. AA will hopefully become just a small speedbump in our lives.TC

pylut said:
apa is a corrupt organization representing an equally corrupt and morally bereft group of constituents. The phrase "as you sow so shall you reap" springs to mind.

I do feel badly for one in eight of the impending furloughs.
Well Pylut, I trust you wouldn't lump me into that group of "morally bereft constituents" if you really knew me personally... you'd find that I see both sides in this happy merger, having had good friends both at TWA and AA.

I believe you are more akin in directing your anger towards AA management, your ALPA MEC and the APA leadership, Carl Icahn, Bill Compton, etc, etc... because I as a junior line pilot had absolutely no say in what came down. I never voted on anything, I never put forth any knd of proposal, all I could do was watch.

I also feel badly for the impending furloughs - every one of them, including my own.

However, I will agree with your opinion of the APA as a corrupt organization.

Regards,
aa73

Here's another great thing about being furloughed by AA.

Every job appliation I fill out asks if I'm furloughed. Since I have the honor of checking this box it makes it real easy for HR to "file" my application. You know... the file that some guy empties out back every night after he's done cleaning the toilets. That same guy makes more than the job I just applied for pays.

Now between me and a recall there are 3,000 guys. No, I didn't add an extra zero in error. Oh wait, did somebody just mention 450 more furoulghs? Make that 3450 but who's counting. So, nobody will touch me with a ten foot pole. I'm 30 years old my prospects of returning to AA before the age 63 rule takes effect are about the same as getting a foot of snow in Maui, which is where I was flying before I was "saved" by AA.

But, at least got to wear the AA uniform. Now I'll have a great costume to get good and drunk in about this time each year.

username said:
Here's another great thing about being furloughed by AA.

Every job appliation I fill out asks if I'm furloughed. Since I have the honor of checking this box it makes it real easy for HR to "file" my application. You know... the file that some guy empties out back every night after he's done cleaning the toilets. That same guy makes more than the job I just applied for pays.

Now between me and a recall there are 3,000 guys. No, I didn't add an extra zero in error. Oh wait, did somebody just mention 450 more furoulghs? Make that 3450 but who's counting. So, nobody will touch me with a ten foot pole. I'm 30 years old my prospects of returning to AA before the age 63 rule takes effect are about the same as getting a foot of snow in Maui, which is where I was flying before I was "saved" by AA.

But, at least got to wear the AA uniform. Now I'll have a great costume to get good and drunk in about this time each year.

Well Username, there are a lot of pilots in the same shoes. A good USAir buddy of mine was recently furloughed, he was hired over there in 1989... was a 737 Captain in better times and now he is on the street looking for a job. 15 Years as a somewhat senior pilot... down the drain.

This industry is caught in the worst slump ever, and can probably get worse. I knew that going into it, and I'm about to experience the ax very shortly. All we can do is hope that this thing turns around sooner rather than later, because eventually all cycles come back up.

P.S. Glad you were able to experience Maui... I've never had the seniority to do any international stuff, but I can recommend a kick-a$$ mexican restaurant in Wichita.

regards,
aa73

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back