Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyother July 12 Colgan Air interviewee's out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is awesome

On a professional pilot website..in a simple posting asking who interviewed on july 12, it took up to reply #16 for the phrase "lick my balls" to make its first appeareance. This is bitchen!!!!!! At this point, there is no way colgan management is still reading this thread, i can now post whatever i want. Hey, "assclown" appeared in reply #1. How bout that?

"Pay may be a bit lower than some, but you will not be paying union dues, so it may average out nicely."

Holy f*cking $hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHo the hel wrote that???????????? What are they putting in the freaking coffee at these interviews????????? And then the next submission says the pay is better then jet regionals. No coffee that day, or did he bring his own? One says we are getting jets, the other says no way. What gives?

"Pay may be a bit lower than some, but you will not be paying union dues, so it may average out nicely."

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I've said before, run -- do not walk -- away from this bunch of clowns. They will do all they can to get you violated, killed, or both.

Hey Bra, is EG still in her permanent state of P.M.S.?

does colgan hire into the saab? i already have too much be1900 time. i want to fly for a regional that i would be able to stay at for a few years untill jetblue calls me. I heard they were pft though? i don't have much money left, how much do they charge?

are the air hostesses hot at colgan?

maverick

Mav, for you I'm sure no charge. Everybody knows you are the man! Saab, left seat w/in 6 mos.

Something that does need to be cleared up (from sh@! I've read on previous, what turned into Colgan bashing threads), Colgan was PFT for only a short period of time -- less than a year I believe. Someone a few weeks back said they'd hate to have the stigma of PFT that goes along with having Colgan on your resume. Tell that to the people at Jet Blue, Airtran, and North American (I'm sure there are others) who decided to hire us bastards! Don't brand the people that worked there, brand the company! Many good people have worked at that company and still do. Even some of the Manassassss people.

BRA, you're living the dream! Seriously, you know you're getting good 121 PIC experience. Keep with it, don't let them lead you the wrong way, and a better job will soon be around the corner!

Last edited:
Wow, I'm off computer for a couple a days and the thread lights up.

Guys, how long do I have to be here before I change my tune?

chper, I was here prior to 2000 and I think the company has improved by leaps and bounds since then.

Maybe I don't have the concept of "bad". For me, I would never work for the last company I worked for ever again. I would rather be the fry guy. That is a "bad" company and I do not trust some of the key players there. It appears that this board respects what Bskin says. Me included. IIRC, Bskin left Colgan for another job and then returned. To me that says he thinks this place is not "bad".

We all agree though, that it is not perfect. Is anywhere? Why do union shops have so many grievences? Why do so many places have unions in the first place? Because in general, the company(any company) wants you to do what is beneficial for them. Yes, some take it farther than others.

And FWIW, any special ferry permit flight, from what I'm told, requires DN to be notified. So whether you take the flight or not, you may have to talk to him just because it happened to break while you were there. May apply to test flights also. Not sure. Been lucky enough not to have done any in a while.

ifly

chper, I was here prior to 2000 and I think the company has improved by leaps and bounds since then.
You're also on the Saab side of the house and they actually try and run you guys like a 121 airline... Not the case with the 1900.

We all agree though, that it is not perfect. Is anywhere?
Not being perfect and running a blatantly unsafe operation is two different things. Sure, unions shops kill many trees a year with grievances. But, I highly doubt that you're going to find safety of flight issues here. You're going to find pay, contract, and other general problems.

Bskin left Colgan for another job and then returned. To me that says he thinks this place is not "bad".
To me that says that unemployment wasn't the best option. Colgan takes many people back that have left and then found themselves furloughed. It's not because the Colgans are saints, but they already have a trained crewmember they can toss in the airplane.

Obviously I have a pretty slanted view of the operation. Believe it or not, at one time I was the guy defending the place. But the fact is that completion factor and on time performance is what drives Colgan Air. Safety and the sham of a safety department are so low on the priority list there that lunch is higher on the list. That's no way to run an airline.

DN may need to be called for every ferry now.. Being at Colgan as long as you have, you should understand how the special ferry permit works. It's intended use is far different from the use it gets at Colgan. Special ferry permits at Colgan are handed out nearly as much as dispatch releases need to be amended... In other words, way too much.

Titty... Where have you been? Thanks for the jokes... they are great!!

Latest resources

Back