Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone seen that new SWA TV commercial about pulling over a plane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the original subject....and a question for the general...If a Delta passenger lands at his/her destination and their checked bag doesn't arrive with them....are they reimbursed the amount they paid to have that bag checked ?

After all, Delta did charge them for a "service"...right ?

As it stands, our internal data tells us that the "Bags Fly Free" campaign is paying off. It is clear that the traveling public does not like the so-called hidden fees...to the point that Congress is about to have hearings on that very subject.

How does one defend "hidden fees"? ...or more plainly, "gouging" the very passenger that pays your salary ?

Not having been on a Delta aircraft since the "great" Ron Allen days, does Delta now charge for meals inflight like some of the other legacies ? If so, is the passenger informed of this prior to the flight or do they find out by surprise during the flight ?

Does Delta charge for refreshments in flight? Again, is the passenger informed of this before the flight or is it a surprise ?

Does Delta charge for using the lavs ?

I know it is a lot of questions but once again, I haven't been on a Delta aircraft in many years now....just wondering if/how it has changed over the years

He won't answer you direct questions, he will immediately go into full spin mode..

Talking about the multi-frequency Texas legs and eating sundaes over the Atlantic.

Except the one time I caught him in the 'I don't care about the customer experience because I'm up behind the door' Delta mentality. Absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
I havent been on FI for over two years. Looks like General Lee and Tanker Clown haven't missed a beat.

Nope. Guy from London trip was miserable because he was up all night. Told me himself :) And dude. trust me when I tell you, The General is a class A loser. You need some rest my friend. FYI, its Sunday in case you need to get your circadian rhythm back on track

Dude, you are a loser. If the guy was coming back from London, he wasn't flying "all night", rather he came back during the day. How many flights back to the USA from Europe are at night? Are you making this all up? I think you are, dude. Sure, there probably are a lot of international pilots who are tired after trips, just like Southwest pilots who are tired after 5 or 6 legs a day. Dude, you need to put your pipe down and lay off Lee. He is entertaining and brings more to the table than you do, dude.

Back to the original subject....and a question for the general...If a Delta passenger lands at his/her destination and their checked bag doesn't arrive with them....are they reimbursed the amount they paid to have that bag checked ?

After all, Delta did charge them for a "service"...right ?

As it stands, our internal data tells us that the "Bags Fly Free" campaign is paying off. It is clear that the traveling public does not like the so-called hidden fees...to the point that Congress is about to have hearings on that very subject.

How does one defend "hidden fees"? ...or more plainly, "gouging" the very passenger that pays your salary ?

Not having been on a Delta aircraft since the "great" Ron Allen days, does Delta now charge for meals inflight like some of the other legacies ? If so, is the passenger informed of this prior to the flight or do they find out by surprise during the flight ?

Does Delta charge for refreshments in flight? Again, is the passenger informed of this before the flight or is it a surprise ?

Does Delta charge for using the lavs ?

I know it is a lot of questions but once again, I haven't been on a Delta aircraft in many years now....just wondering if/how it has changed over the years

Why do you care? You win a customer service award, and he wins "better trips, more variety awards." Last time I jumped on Delta I didn't see anyone charged for sodas or charged to use the lav, and this was about a month ago. You guys are getting desperate. Charging for lavs? Ryanair in Europe was the only one that proposed that.

Problem with General Lee is that its only okay if Delta Does it. When US Airways first started charging for bags he was the first to bash us. When we started to sell our Cokes (don't do that anymore thank god) he would be the first to jump in. All this in the time to generate extra revenue. But then once Delta started charging for Bags for revenue, now its okay. Kinda funny
And no, if your bag doesn't arrive you aren't gonna get you money back. And if you fly Delta into Hilton Head don't expect your bag to make it. The cab companies are loving all the bag deliverys on the Island.
The saying now in Hilton Head is that Delta stands for - Don't Expect Luggage To Arrive.

You have C17 in your profile, so I assume you did it for the Military? So, you really have no experience flying international for an airline, right? You have been to some scary places probably, and think that is what it is like at an airline? I just don't think so. Did you wear that green jumpsuit out on the town too in Paris and Rome to get the chicks? Why don't you be more vague when making a comment like yours above? Well, WSurf fell for it, hook, line, and sinker. (and he is a guy who doesn't leave a time zone)

Nice. And this coming from a guy with all that international experience in a B58 and junglejet ??

Some of the nicest (and fun) international places I've been to were near military bases. Hmmm, Frankfurt, Mainz, Rota, Catania, Pordenone, Naples, Faro, Azores, Hickham, etc. Yep, scary.

And BTW Mamma, thanks for your service as a C-17 driver.

Last edited:
For a man of variety, his schtick sure gets old...

Yeah, I know, and he does go over the top often. But, he is always entertaining, and that is what I need when I go on these boards. I want out of my regional, and being able to laugh now and then helps with my mood. Lee seems to pick on everyone, like an equal opportunity slammer. No, he doesn't take it well when it is returned sometimes, but it is still interesting to read. I don't just want boring rumors when I come to FI. And I don't think the Southwest guys are used to people bagging on them, so that is fun too. If people take him too seriously, then they are too wound up.

Yeah, I know, and he does go over the top often. But, he is always entertaining, and that is what I need when I go on these boards. I want out of my regional, and being able to laugh now and then helps with my mood. Lee seems to pick on everyone, like an equal opportunity slammer. No, he doesn't take it well when it is returned sometimes, but it is still interesting to read. I don't just want boring rumors when I come to FI. And I don't think the Southwest guys are used to people bagging on them, so that is fun too. If people take him too seriously, then they are too wound up.

Hey tool. How does General Lee repeating the Same crap over and over again keep you interested and entertained. Sounds like a man crush to me. You probably glaze a knuckle every time you read one of his posts. Why don't you jumpseat on one of his exotic European get aways. I'm sure he'll let you stay in his room. He's annoying. Plain and simple. I'm right. You're wrong.

Latest resources

Back