Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know this guy running for ALPA pres?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Palomino said:
When you think of the average line pilot (the highly educated and specially trained individuals) as ignorant and uneducated and a 'box of frozen rocks' then maybe you can begin to understand why we want Woerth and his subordinates off of the ALPA throne.

You sound like a political elitist who is afraid of losing his post. Prater scares guys like you. He's a pilot first, then a politician. Prater is in tune with his peers. May he bring a REV O LEWSHUN to ALPA national.

What he said.

Rez...sifting through all your verbal hogwash and excuses I think this guy is correct.

Sig said:
Mmmmm... skills, as in the toolset required to affect change? Yes, that is true. I haven't the support of the ALPA union above my MEC, as any regional pilot. Somehow you'll spin that to being my fault. I can get involved and affect change between my management and my pilot group on microlevel issues that come up day to day (including carpet dances and the company overstepping bounds on contract issues), but when it comes to anything we can propose to our mainline counterparts it falls on deaf or even hostile ears. That's a failure from the top down, not the bottom up. Again, the bigger fish bite harder; they do not support more broadly.

Why is that a typical response, though? On one hand, you'll shout GET INVOLVED. On the other, you'll say one of a number of things- it's just regional feed, we've all been there so shut up already, you're not entitled to anything anyway so quit being frustrated. How about recognizing the fact that I am indeed frustrated, I'm not a fool, and my extreme aggro toward the highest level of the union is not just founded but widespread?

No matter what you say, it's (ALPA) now the platform and level at which the infighting occurs. We have no power outside ourselves, and will attack from the top down on the inside to gain and lose ground. It's a soft game of political feather preening and washing hands, where deals are brokered outside earshot of the affected employees and again, we all lose. The inherent mission of the union is completely ignored.

That's a long winded way of explaining why I roll my eyes and snort when the "brotherhood" is mentioned. It ain't no such animal, sir. It's a fee based club...

Maybe Captain Prater can kick some sense into my thick skull AND actually realize I'm looking for leadership, not figureheadship, and deliver.

As pilots do we give up at some point and become a passnger to the crash site or do we constantly fight for survival till impact.

You admit that you can't effect change at above your MEC... So then what? Give up? Maybe National needs to change.. that is the easy and quick answer... but it is also the least of what you control. Or maybe you can figure out that what you know about the process isn't enough...

Just some thoughts....

pylut said:
A quick impression....

give me an "a"
give me an "l"
give me a "p"
give me another "a"
Yeahhhhhh alpa...rah rah rah.

What you don't like alpa? that is because you are part of the problem!!! How dare you attack my beloved and oh so effective alpa!! You just don't understand how the system works. You are just part of the negative masses of disgrunbtled sheep, good old dwayne knows what is truly in your best interests.

Why even try to have a discussion with Rez. It is the same old song and dance, which gets even more tiresome with each additional failure by alpa truly lead.

Then ride the jet to the crash site....as a passenger...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
He probably is... but it doesn't solve our problems....

Which is exactly the reason why the ineffectual leaders need to be removed yesterday. Change is long overdue at ALPA. Change starts at the top. Change can only happen when you have the elitists making salaries far above their constiuents are removed.

They have lost their empathy for those who they represent. I certainly hope it is not to late.

Rez O. Lewshun said:

The ALPA jet has already crashed and burned. Along with the contracts and retirements for thousands of ALPA's members.

But according to you twe can take solace that the ALPA political machine is intact. Good thing too...I don't know what the elitists would do without being able brown nose their way around Washington.

JP4user said:
Which is exactly the reason why the ineffectual leaders need to be removed yesterday. Change is long overdue at ALPA. Change starts at the top. Change can only happen when you have the elitists making salaries far above their constiuents are removed.

They have lost their empathy for those who they represent. I certainly hope it is not to late.

Sounds the like mantra for any politician running for office at any given time.

Like the President of the US, you control the one thing that you can, your vote every four years, then brush your hands clean, maybe even pat yourself on the back.....

But in this case.. you are just bitter about your circumstance.. which I don't blame you.... just don't blame ALPA. Which of course you do cause at least some one will listen to your compliant.

The terrorist won't listen. Neither will the gov't. How about the company that was supposed to manage your retirement.. wil they listen to your bitter?

Perhaps we'd all like to see what kinds of cuts would happen if we no representation. At the mercy of managment and gov't....

But ALPA... sure.. heck they are supposed to protect us... they failed... it's thier fault.... Somebody has to be responsible for this!!!

Rez O. Lewshun said:

You would like that.
You embrace alpo and the staus quo. That is where we differ.
Feel free to continue to roll around in the beauracracy and mediocrity represented by alpo. I will not condone it and will continue to succeed by thinking outside the box.

I would like to see alpa continue to wither and die then to continue on in it's current anemic incarnation.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Sounds the like mantra for any politician running for office at any given time.

Like the President of the US, you control the one thing that you can, your vote every four years, then brush your hands clean, maybe even pat yourself on the back.....

But in this case.. you are just bitter about your circumstance.. which I don't blame you.... just don't blame ALPA. Which of course you do cause at least some one will listen to your compliant.

The terrorist won't listen. Neither will the gov't. How about the company that was supposed to manage your retirement.. wil they listen to your bitter?

Perhaps we'd all like to see what kinds of cuts would happen if we no representation. At the mercy of managment and gov't....

But ALPA... sure.. heck they are supposed to protect us... they failed... it's thier fault.... Somebody has to be responsible for this!!!

give me an "a"
give me an "l"
give me a.........oh heck you know the rest.

Latest resources

Back