• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone in the Colgan March 17 Class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, how far are the classes expected to run through? I graduate college in May and didn't know if sending in a resume to them now would be worth it. Thanks.

Send the resume asap. Get in the door now, then you may have something waiting for you when you graduate.

I'm in class now, but we still don't have base assignments yet. The captains are getting the short course in the Saab. 4-5 days systems and 4-5 sim sessions so they can get us on the line right away.

Lowest time in class is 850 hours and the youngest isn't 21 yet. 8 Beech Fos, 2 Saab FOs, and 3 Saab CAs.

EMBATP said:
what kinds of time/experience is getting hired? have a bud trying to get on somewhere. what is the chance of getting iah? thanks

If you look at aviationinterviews.com, it looks like the 1000-1300 hour range with 75-200 multi.

Shy

FO 4 Life said:
I'm in class now, but we still don't have base assignments yet. The captains are getting the short course in the Saab. 4-5 days systems and 4-5 sim sessions so they can get us on the line right away.

Lowest time in class is 850 hours and the youngest isn't 21 yet. 8 Beech Fos, 2 Saab FOs, and 3 Saab CAs.

Just wondering when did your class start ?

HughBeamont said:
Congrats on the new position. Enjoy the company pep talks. They usually go something like this:
  • Welcome to Colgan
  • We have given you the honor of working for us
  • Don't screw up by doing a,b,c,d,e,f,g...
  • I don't like to rule by threat, but threat, threat, threat, threat
  • We have given you the honor of working for us
  • Welcome to Colgan
But seriously, not a bad place to work.
You forgot the part where we have to gather round in a circle and pay homage to the crew schedulers who will rule are very existence, and yet know nothing about crew scheduling... FAR what, oh just keep flying, the computer says it'll be alright.

Oh yeah, and you are welcome that we gave you a job even though we cannot fill our lines fast enough.

Thanks for all the info and advice fellas. I appreciate the heads-up on what to bring and expect. That's going to go a long way.

I've gotten caught up in the disgruntled employee situation before, and all I know first-hand so far is that Chuck gave me a speech of how Colgan wants me. That's the first time I've ever felt wanted in a company, and it will get him a lot of gratitude, hard work, and respect from me. If only each interview was like that, we all might have a different outlook.

Shy

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back