• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone in the Colgan March 17 Class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm in the class too. See you guys on THURS. My paperwork shows a class of 20.

I was told training is 6 weeks. $50/ day pay. Is that 7 days a week pay or only when in class?

Colgan is paying for the hotel, (thanks) but do I have to share. Was told double occupancy!

Anyone got any info on the base. Should I look for a place in Houston or what?

I was told day trips, and 12 days off a month, no reserve. Can I expect that.

Looking forward to flying the SAAB again. What model SAAB's is it? (A, B, or B+) ?

Welcome to the Family

heywatchthis said:

I was told training is 6 weeks. $50/ day pay. Is that 7 days a week pay or only when in class?

Colgan is paying for the hotel, (thanks) but do I have to share. Was told double occupancy!

Looking forward to flying the SAAB again. What model SAAB's is it? (A, B, or B+) ?

We fly all B models at Colgan with B+ mods and weights except the wing. For now IAH is mostly out and back with overnights in Del Rio, but in April that increases to San Angelo and Tyler. You may get some reserve since things are hectic right now, but you'll fly quite a bit. 12+ days off is norm. Word has it that some of the Texas outstations will eventually be bases. Don't buy anything just yet, Crash pad to start until you know where you'll end up. Study hard and good luck and c ya on line....

What B+ changes were made to the B models? The only differences between the two that I remember besides the four foot longer wing are: a swinging FA seat, active cabin ANR, self-adjusting audio system and different PSUs. The weights were the same at 29.3K ramp, 29K T/O, 28.5K Landing.

I will be in the class next week also. Joining another former Eagle Saab Captain who is already in class. Do they anticipate a short class for anybody?

Mosquito said:
yeap all who they liked got to do that. The others where sent home.

Get out of here, they sent someone home too ???

ahhh that the winds of change .....

heywatchthis said:

Paperwork ? holy crap things really are changing ... I found out about my class date the day before class back when I got hired ...

heywatchthis said:

Only when you're on duty/class .... it will be 6 days a week, maybe even seven, although the guys in the current class did get a week off between systems and sim ...

heywatchthis said:

Yes and your roommate will gas you out the room so be prepared to get him back ... They will usually make your roommate your sim partner so if you don't get along, or can't outfart him, change roommates ...

heywatchthis said:

I would wait til you get your base assignment, not everyone is going to IAH

heywatchthis said:

Expect the unexpected ... but that sounds bout right ... maybe some reserve but more likely than not lots of flying ...

chickenpilot said:
I will be in the class next week also. Joining another former Eagle Saab Captain who is already in class. Do they anticipate a short class for anybody?

You street dudes get the reduced systems and sim I believe ...

TheBigH said:
Get out of here, they sent someone home too ???

ahhh that the winds of change .....

One person failed the written, and the other didn't make a good impression or didn't want to work at colgan. Why are you so surprise? If you only knew about the rapid fire question I had to answer under 3 sec, that would definitely surprise you!

Mosquito said:
One person failed the written, and the other didn't make a good impression or didn't want to work at colgan. Why are you so surprise? If you only knew about the rapid fire question I had to answer under 3 sec, that would definitely surprise you!

Surprise me, what was the question ?

BTW, congrats and welcome to Colgan ...

TheBigH said:
Surprise me, what was the question ?

BTW, congrats and welcome to Colgan ...

Rapid fire question ware
1. who is the vice president?
2. who is the sec of defense
3. name a movie that won an Oscar?
4. Who was the first man on the moon?
5. Name the last book I read?
6. who won the world series?
7. Who lost the super bowl.

And there where a couple of other one there which I forgot? one had to do about flight. I missed up on 3 of them and one of them was first man on the moon. I was thinking Nolan Ryan for some strange reason. Oh of course for those of you wondering. I was also ask Approach questions and take off min questions.

I would like to say thank you for welcoming me aboard but it's not official until I get the call. All that I know when I got the first phone call Mr. Colgan said he wants me in the B1900. I got a question is HPN a senior base?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back