• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone in the Colgan March 17 Class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do they keep sending advertising for sf-340 Captains?

Haven't heard from them at all. Type - yes, 121 PIC -yes,
currently flying 121 - no, currently flying sf-340 PIC - yes.
Time - Plenty.

Just wondering since I keep seeing the ads.????????????

TheBigH said:
...are they sending you to Houston or ManAsses for training ?

FlightSafety in Houston... AmeriSuites, too!

How long is training? I've heard 3 weeks... and pay? Again, rumor is $50/day.

Shy

just curious

what kinds of time/experience is getting hired? have a bud trying to get on somewhere. what is the chance of getting iah? thanks

Hopefully, they don't use that trailer they have at Manassas anymore, that some newhires got a taste of. ... or maybe they towed it to Houston. :D

Don't overstress yourself, good luck ...have fun in training!

Training

You can plan about a week for indoc and 2 1/2 for systems on the Saab. Then week and a half for sim, then IOE, etc. 50 bucks a day it is.

ShyFlyGuy said:
FlightSafety in Houston... AmeriSuites, too!

How long is training? I've heard 3 weeks... and pay? Again, rumor is $50/day.

Shy

Welcome aboard

Yep welcome to our sometimes dysfunctional family...glad to have you!! If you have any questions drop a pm. Happy to help!!

Also bring a notepad and a few pens. They provide all the books and stuff. If you are into notecards for limitations and stuff bring those too. You may even consider getting a haircut before you go...just so you don't have to mess with it during training in case you go a while without any breaks. When they measure you up for uniforms make sure you take your time with this. I always hear stories about hats, shirts, cowboy boots, and belts that are too small or too big. Get a bunch of black socks and white t shirts from walmart for your uniforms. They are real cheap there. Order a bare minimum of 3 shirts and 3 pants i guess. Get a mix of short, and long sleeve. Shirts are pretty standard...you may just order a few of each, then get more online later on. You can find them pretty easy. Just get the neck and sleeves right! If you have a laptop bring it along....usually there is a way to get it going in your hotel room for free. Carry some singles with you incase you have to tip van drivers. Sucks when you get out of the van and people start tipping the driver and all you got is a 20. Careful about telling the story about the time you got in a level 2 with a duchess, some dude with 3000 hours in an aztec will tell you he did that everyday last summer doing part 135 and you may feel awkward. Remember that you are all on the same team when you get there....if someone is a weak link...help them out, don't kick them when they are down. PM me for anything else as well, i typically post mindless crap on this site, but i am more them willing to help out anyone just getting on. I know it can be very overwhelming.

Good luck!

Good luck to all the new hires. Feel free to PM me as well for any advice. Happy to help you guys!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back