Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone hear the funny App/Dep controller in Charolette?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Say hi to Aloha Bob next time you're through Jax. Instead of Cya he'll say Aloha, or auf Wiedersehen, or any of number of goodbyes in several languages. Pretty cool. The tower manager told him to tone it down at one point but he still gets it in occasionally. :)

The Guy in Charlotte----Went missed off JFQ one night a few months back, wx was pretty nasty, and when tower handed me back to him for vectors back out he asked if I was alright and that he was sure I'd get in the second time! Not bad when amongst all the rest of his mess he has time to give you a little pep talk! When he handed me back to tower he said "now, I don't want to have to talk to you again so put that thing on the ground and go have a beer on me!" Totally chilled me out and the second try went fine---gotta love controllers like that that don't just go through the motions!

ADS tower has a girl that sounds like she works a phone sex line as a night job. Once she had recorded an ATIS and I found it so amusing I told the guy I was flying with to listen to it...we were both cracking up.

CLT. His operating initials are AD.

RDU. Tony... Used to tell him I was vacating Six Niner Niner Niner thousand for three thousand, just to get the Niners in there. When the baro is 29.99 it always fun with Tony.

TOL girl. Nothing but pure sex. Flew frieght into Yip thru her airpace. We wanted to hold so bad just to hear her voice. Asked her what she looked liked on the freq one night.... She said Tim's wife from Home Improvment.....

And a good daaaaaaay

My votes got to:

1.The Tampa guy, one of the best controllers I've heard in my career.
2. Lady on RSW app/dep, nicest peson to work with if you get all your ducks in a row, will rip even airlines guys a new one if they mess up, she cracks a mean whip sometimes but a very nice voice.

Kudo's for the Controllers at DEN. Absolutley great. Good and what they do and friendly to boot.

Great experience

Thanks for the Downtown tour and repeated practice approaches

There is a great ATL center controller who seems to work the NW area alot. He's always crackin' a joke or doing something funny.

Controller: AA xxx got ya at 370

AA: What type of equipment is that Air Frace guy flyin'?

Con: It's one of them B777-200's

AA: How fast is he goin"?

Cont: Af xxx how fast are you goin"?

AF: .84

Cont: he says he's doin" .84, ya know those French don't lie.

We laughed for 15 minutes after that one.

I remember...

... those lonely air ambulance nights headed for some distant southern FIR boundry.... those guys at MIA CENTER were always good for a baseball or football score.

Latest resources

Back