Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone hear the funny App/Dep controller in Charolette?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This guy in CLT sounds amusing. Does anyone know of one of those websites where you can listen in on the tower/ATC comms at different airports?

Pickle said:
I don't know if she is still there, but TOL had a female controller who had a really sexy, breathless voice.

We had one captain who would take over the radios whenever he heard her on the frequency.

yeah she's still arround...

CAK is used to train alot of controllers, and we go through them pretty fast...about 6 months ago, there was a dude that sounded just like Burt Renoylds...it was pretty funny...

Chicago Center

I think every professional pilot has a least one controller that they come in regular contact with that always brings a smile to your face. We have "Roger" at Chicago center who usually does the sector North of MKE. A lot of people call him the "Roger in the Morning Radio Show." Always very cheerful and friendly. Many people address him by his first name. He knows many of the pilots he talks to as well. Some friendly and familiar B.S.ing will normally ensue if he's not too busy. He sends Christmas cards to all the companies whos pilots he regularly talks to. He always likes to get in the last friendly good-bye which leads some pilots to see how far they can take it.

Example:

Roger: "XYZ 123 Contact Milwaukee on 126.5. Nice talking to ya!"

Pilot: "Miwaukee on 126.5, it was great talking to you as well and take care of yourself."

Roger: "I will and you have a good one!"

Pilot: "I will and we'll see ya!"

Roger: "See ya later!"

It can just keep going on like this. Just cracks me up. I keep hearing that he's set many dates for retirement but just keeps going just because he likes the job so much. I certainly hope he doesn't retire anytime soon.

Peace,

WFFC

Ty Webb said:
Tampa had "Mr. Happy" who I haven't heard in quite a while.

Ha! I thought I made that up! "Mr. Happy"...I used to tell my students "Now there is a guy who enjoys his work...or at least sounds like it!" I think his name is Bill. He's still around. I hear him at night...weekend mornings...odd times.

Anyone hear the guy on St. Louis app/dep that sounds like John Wayne? It could be a hornets nest at rush hour and he's still sounding smoooooth and unflappable.

Latest resources

Back