Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone hear the funny App/Dep controller in Charolette?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where exactly is Charolette? I know a Charlotte, NC, I believe. Could it be one and the same - just a little finger trouble??

There was a young lady at Addison (Dallas, TX) whom the IP's at American Flyers called "1-900-HOT-ATIS." The hourly sequences she recorded were...memorable. Made it difficult to concentrate, I hear.

On the other hand, there the lady at DFW--I assume it's a lady--who is incapable of pronouncing the word "American." Some of you know who I'm talking about... "'mera-keeeen three-oh-one, hold short of..."

Drives me nuts.

There's also a guy in ATL center who I have heard quite a bit lately (always seems to be working the Macey sector - 121.35) who insists on calling Cirtus Cit-a-rus, which sounds a bit like, err..... well you get the picture.

Anything that sounds dirty is usually automatically funny.

Tina Fey's Scar said:
Who's the super nice lady at PHX??

You must be talking about Rita, I went up in the tower there once and she really is super nice. As a matter of fact, almost all the controllers I met there semmed to be nice people.

Yep!

1973Arrow said:
I love being based out of CLT. I hear him 3 or 4 times a week. Always very helpfull and very in control. Even when things get busy, he has a way of making it "slower" while keeping a high ops tempo.

Absolutly. Have 900hrs in the CLT class B, doing traffic. So I would just sit there and listen to the controller the entire time (4-6hrs a day). I always loved it when he was on. He was funny, fast, clear and in absolute control of HIS airspace. If someone got out of line he would give a quick talking to then back on line without a missed beat. I liked it when he was working approach when it was my time to land. He had the mad skills and will to make a hole for litte ol me vfr in a 172 when the final was 30mi. Best controller I have worked with!-kingaira90

Latest resources

Back