Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone hear the funny App/Dep controller in Charolette?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RDU has the nine-er guy!

Is he still there? :D

I heard him the first time on my night cross-country with my CFI in 2000 and I thought it was a joke er sump'n.

Minh "Nine (pause) ... Er" Thong

DC8 Flyer said:
He is known as "The Voice of Charlotte". That guy rocks, always makes my day when he is working, especially final approach 127.7 or 119.0. SEEEEEYAAA!
Yea he was working the frequency when we were headed into Charlotte about three weeks ago, and he was giving everyone the Seeeee Yaaaa.... on the handoff's.

But when my turn came to get the handoff, did I get one? Oh heck no, he just handed me off to the tower with no fan fare. I felt robbed that day. :mad:

I don't know if she is still there, but TOL had a female controller who had a really sexy, breathless voice.

We had one captain who would take over the radios whenever he heard her on the frequency.

Pickle said:
I don't know if she is still there, but TOL had a female controller who had a really sexy, breathless voice.

We had one captain who would take over the radios whenever he heard her on the frequency.
I think she's still there, cause I talked to a female controller just like her back in January coming into TOL.

Only reason I remember her is because it kind of brightened the already gloomy thought that I was going to be spending the next 4 days in Ohio in a blizzard. :D

Tampa had "Mr. Happy" who I haven't heard in quite a while.

ATL has Buzz, another consumate professional; no matter how hectic it gets, he always keeps his cool and has a friendly "Great Day" for ya on the hand off.

That guy in CLT rocks! One of the best controllers on the air, especially when it gets hectic.

"Anndddagooodday-ahh"

Kream926 said:
TUL tracon has a lady like that

G ' dddaaaaaayyy

I remember her...

Also a guy at O'hare tower, says it just like that as well.....i wonder if they herd it from each other??

There's a lady tower controller in Manassas, VA (KHEF) who after you land and are clearing the runway she will come on and say....

"aztec xyz, taxi to the ramp and monitor ground on .7..... go on now!" in a little country accent.... I always thought it was pretty amuzing....

Latest resources

Back