Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True .... but when you jack up what you are typing and go %%%%#%$%#@$#@$#@$#@$

People stare:(

The cheap walmart typewriter I used had correction tape, just hit backspace and it would erase completely. Once I goofed up and hit the return key, I had to use whiteout......

(It worked much better on the typewritten app than when I use whiteout on the computer's screen.) :p

Now my only issue is it's over 2 years later, and I still have a good typewriter collecting dust in the closet, I don't want to just throw it away when someone I know will eventually need it......

Why not just type the darned thing?

It'll look good.

It'll stand out from the ones NOT typed.

It'll give the impression that you give a rip about this career option.

Competition: It's a bitch.

Go on ebay and buy a cheap typewriter. The interview team will appreciate it, and earn you extra kudos.

Think of it this way: Typing it our provides them a "service" by having something easily read. (hint hint).

It'll look good.

(hint)

It'll look good.

I guess the what if could be this....

You spent a ton of time typing the application and all of those FAA forms.

Then on your interview...you don't do as well as you could of. Just an off day...but because of it they are teetering on you...yes or no. And they look at the application and realize you are maybe not a cluster and really want this job since you did type it up. It could be an edge. Seems like any edge you can gain...could be useful.

better take the time and type it......things are gettin VERY competetive here now.

I know of a few regional capts that were trying to get in here for bette bay and they got turned away.....although they did think cause they were RJ captains they should be hired regardless.....well not anymore.

I used a "Carolina Blue" crayon and still got hired!! LOL

Dude, don't sweat the small stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

although they did think cause they were RJ captains they should be hired regardless.quote]

That's why they didn't get hired............attitude!! It had nothing to do with what kind of instrument they used to fill out the app!!! I flew a CRJ for 5 years, so what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I interview someone, I am trying to find out if I can spend 7 days of my life with him/her and have a good time!!!!

G

Latest resources

Back