Anyone got the latest at Kalitta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
got a phone # for Hagquist??

thought I was gonna fall over in my chair listening to the kool-aide drinkers talk of how great a place Kalitta is.... At least a couple in there set 'em straight.....wow......

I don't know if US Airways, UAL, NWA, DAL, Focus, Tradewinds, Omni, USA3000, CAL, AA, Atlas, Polar or any other airlines are any better?

But one thing I do know Connie has everything paid for and is making money.

Kool-Aid or not fact is fact.

Last edited:
I have been myself in 5 airlines plus some 135 operators and Kalitta is so far the best environment.
Let's be down on earth if someone is looking for a perfect job go look in some other planet we humans are not perfect and that's why perfect job doesn't exist.
But balancing pros and cons, Kalitta is in the best side with a lot more pros than cons.
But also each one is a individual and so is our feelings. My opinion might not be shared by someone else.
But in an overall you also gonna find a lot more happy people here than sad ones. And welcome to Kalitta for those who passed on the interview.

Once you're done with IOE, what kind of schedule can you plan on?

LMAO...schedule? You won't get a schedule. Crew Scheduling will OWN you for 17 days.

That's ok. I've been with plenty of operators that EVEN when you had a printed schedule, it didn't amount to a hill of beans anyway. Planes break, the customer wants to add more pallets, you end up loosing a trip or two and can't make it up at the end of the month, etc. If you're in the cargo business, that's life. I was a military pilot for eight years -- I sure the hell didn't have a printed schedule!

I suspect the Kalitta pilot group are doing what they can to fix this (as best as they can) in the amended TA.

I am in the upcoming class.

A few q's for the people who work there.

How do you comunicate with family when your on the road? Intl. cell phone plan, computer, calling cards?

Does the company provide anything to the crews?

Get the MCI card from Costco seems to be the cheapest so far and can be added to while in the US. You can get local calling cards in some countries which cost even less, but they have a calender time limit .

I can't speak for the places at which Kalitta stops, but for my present company which travels internationally, I use my laptop to Webcam with the wife and the kids (unless the hotel's firewall has the port blocked - grrr), AOL chat from the laptop, and Sam's AT&T Pre-paid calling card. If I have nothing else, I'll normally just use the hotel lobby's computer and "text" my wife's phone to let her know I'm alive and I thinking about her and the kids.

But most internet cafes overseas have VOIP internet phones that you can call back to the US for 6-10 cents a minute, depending on what country you're in.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back