• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone got the latest at Kalitta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You almost have to have a laptop, for home contact and the company manuals. Most of the hotels provide wireless internet so you can keep in touch with e-mail. I'm only on my second long trip, and I haven't called from overseas yet. I do have Vonage VOIP at homewhich has low international rates, 3 cents a minute to Europe, for example. My plan is to e-mail my hotel number home and tell my wife when to call (so I can sleep). I have a Sam's Club card to make priority calls from anywhere if needed.

Vonage also has SoftPhone, which allows you to make phone calls over your PC. It's worked pretty good for me, even over dialup.

sb
jwadtw said:
You almost have to have a laptop, for home contact and the company manuals. Most of the hotels provide wireless internet so you can keep in touch with e-mail. I'm only on my second long trip, and I haven't called from overseas yet. I do have Vonage VOIP at homewhich has low international rates, 3 cents a minute to Europe, for example. My plan is to e-mail my hotel number home and tell my wife when to call (so I can sleep). I have a Sam's Club card to make priority calls from anywhere if needed.

ignore 727 guy, this is his/her's second post I have seen. He/she is baiter, could bet "thebest" in a new name.

Kalitta/Phone contact while overseas

One of the best around is the European Skype at only 10 Euros for almost 10 hours of talk from/to anywhere in the world. I was amazed at the clarity and ease of download. All you need is a laptop, preferably with WiFi, a good connection and a headset/mic combo and you're all set. Highly recommended. I've used it so far in SIN, TPE, LUX, KUL & ASI to call home. And if the person you are talking to also has a laptop and a Skype account, then it's completly FREE, yes, FREE!! Check out their website for more info.

Once upon a time I purchased a digital recorder in Hong Kong. This machine a "JNC" $100.00 USD, holds 8 hours of digital voice recording and comes with software so you can download into your laptop, then convert it into a wave file and send your voice message home to mama. It works real well when you have no other option such as a phone call. It also works great for recording all your conversations with SCREW scheduling as it comes with a direct phone hookup. You can then send the lies via E-mail directly to Pete or Connie.;)

Broadvoice

I have broadvoice phone at home it is a digital phone like vonage, but a lot better. For 24.95 only, I have a list of 42 foreign countries I can call for free. Mostly europe some south america and some asia and midle east (of course all USA and Canada is also included). It covers all places I've been flying at Kalitta so far and my wife is very happy. I just send an email to her with the hotel phone number and my room number and she calls me from home no hassle no cards and most important no bills just 24.95 at the end of each month nothing else.

i've been with kalitta for 4 months,since OE and have broken guarantee for 3 out of 4 of those.like guys have said the asia flying adds time fast,as most of legs 8-12 hrs long.overall i've no complaints,but i tend to focus on the positive.the flip of that,as anywhere is if you get bogged down in the crap,it will drag u in.we are a non-scheduled airline,so a published schedule is really just proposed.stuff breaks,contract flying comes up,many possibles.sometimes you're on it,and sometimes all it means is start and finish days.it's not perfect,but...
just my 2c

as for phones..i've a gsm cingular phone and been able to use text messaging in every country except japan and korea.internet cafes almost everywhere-except the us,so been using those as well.

I guess your the master!!

Over guarentee the last 3 out of four months.. so your the one who's been stealing my trips! I haven't broke guarentee in forever! But then again I never call scheduling to complain.. Maybe I should!

Latest resources

Back