Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll take a car, thank you very much!!

LOL!! Great Cabin Announcement!!

Paying Passengers Unite!! Do not Fly on Scabstream!! I know I WON'T!!

In November, I'm going to the Florida Keys for some diving and visiting an old friend and their family who have a house in the Keys. Well. I'll take a major airline into Miami and DRIVE the rest of the way!! At least Budget Rent-A-Car does not make people PAY for the privilege of working there!! The drive will be fun on that long bridge. No WAY will I take Scabstream connecting flights out of MIA!! Let's just now see if I can do as well as the last time I rented out of Budget--got a Mustang GT!!

:D

don't think anyone would want to admit to flying for Gulfjoke...

"look Daddy I am an airline pilot- I bought it for myself for Christmas since I have been working sooo hard, and the best news is I "get" 250 hours of right seat time Daddy" "

I had a discussion with a ramper a few weeks ago about Gulfscream. He was going to go there because he viewed it as some sort of fast track. I tried to explain to him that there was a certain amount of value in instructing, or banner towing, or doing anything to earn your hours. Mr. Cooper seems to have firmly set the hook that as soon as he is through riding shotgun, he will be able to get hired on by some other regional no problem. I asked him to list for me regionals that were hiring, and he named one. This guy seems to think that he will be able to compete with pilots who have 3 to 4 times the experience in the interview process. In his opinion I was foolish to spend so much time to get to the right seat of a 1900 when I could have just bought my way there. After about 20 minutes of beating my head against this particular wall. I gave up and walked away trailing comments how all us pilots are prima donnas and he would never be like that.

The moral of the story? P.T. Barnum was absolutely, unequivically right. He must have owned a flight school.

Take the time to do things the right way. Its what professionals do.

<edited for lack of competency in spelling>

Last edited:
Great funnies!

Gulfjoke is also good, to go along with Gulfscab and Scabscream.

I'd love to know, though, in all seriousness, if any Gulfstream "grads" have gone on to real regional jobs.

Last edited:
Re: Great funnies!

bobbysamd said:
Gulfjoke is also good, to go along with Gulfscab and Scabscream.

I'd love to know, though, in all seriousness, if any Gulfstream "grads" have gone on to real regional jobs.

Yep, I know a guy here a Coex. I hate to say it, but he is a great guy, really good pilot. Flew with him when he was a new FO. In his circumstance it worked really good for him. He is in his early 40's. Was an engineer at an aircraft manufacture, the on where the tails come off. This was a way for him to speed up the process. He however had some instructing time. I don't like the Gulfstream thing, but it worked for him.

Please stop abusing the word "scab". You degrade the term by applying it to situations that do not warrant it. We had a Gulfstream guy in my interview and subsequent class date at Air Willy. The guy was a dink with marginal flying skills. On top of that, he screwed on us the crashpad rent. Guess he was short of money, eh? I've also met some really nice guys from Gulfstream though. I'm sure this guy was an aberration.

Gulfstream "grads"

OK. Any others? Any who went through the program beginning ab initio who have not been able to find a job?

Latest resources

Back