Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone else get a phone call from United today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hit a nerve, did I? Now for an education, the CA's that leave JB to go to United are going back to 6 or seven year pay. I was asking a question to an F.O. who would be going to year one pay, and why he/she would do that. Get it?

Nice try. We had no furloughees come back at 6 or 7 year pay. As a matter of fact I had a JB Capt. in my recall class that came back to 3rd year pay. We may have furloughees that came back in 05 that have finally reached that grade (6 or 7 year pay) now but none have come back at that. Get it?

Yeah, I had to go unwind for a while,,, sorry, guys, I just get ticked off sometimes. InTheWind, my apologies for attacking you directly for an underlying problem this entire industry has.

PHX, no chip, just aggravated that so few people are willing to do what it takes to regain the ground this profession has lost...

Management wins, labor loses, and that INCLUDES ALL OF US.

Hey.... No worries friend. I think we all get aggravated when we stop and realize what we lost or in some cases never had. The thing to remember is that the fight is with management,not our fellow pilots.And to be even remotely sucessful,the fight has to be conducted across company lines. Who knows,once inthewind gets settled in at UA he might get involved with his union and be one of many who helps start us all down the road in our long journey in "taking it back". It could happen. Anyway,gotta go. No hard feelings.Enjoy the rest of your trip.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
I was a 29-year old 727 Captain at a shady 121 Cargo airline 6 years ago... wasn't here then to protest, but I understand the general gist of what you're saying...

Hope to see EVERYONE raise the bar at their respective carriers over the next 3-5 years. I'm busting my butt over at AAI trying to make that happen, so yeah, I'm doing my part.

Good luck to all, wherever your career path takes you. :beer:

Same to you!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Hit a nerve, did I? Now for an education, the CA's that leave JB to go to United are going back to 6 or seven year pay. I was asking a question to an F.O. who would be going to year one pay, and why he/she would do that. Get it?

I was a JB CA and took a recall to UAL on 4th yr pay. I was on it for a month and switched to 5th yr pay but I don't think that any returning furloughed pilots are going to be on 6th or 7th year pay.

Stillflyn

Comments like this are old and immature. Grow up.

Come on Hvy - It makes him feel better about himself! If an ignorant post or two on an anonymous message board helps Mr. Fumes work out his insecurities, who are we to begrudge him that? :)

United's still my home town airline-== But i will say that we as a pilot community need to get rid of first year pay altogether at every airline. Not b/c we didn't have to do it or b/c we care about the junior guy that much== but b/c we all lose negotiating power when there are capable pilots either on survival mode- or facing survival mode if something bad happens to their current airline.

If first year pay increases to $60/hour= you'd see the entire seniority list pay increase as well and never slide again.... It's funny- you look out for the senior= and all pilots will take pay decreases.... If you look out for the junior- make sure that they are okay- we'll have our old lives back.... We've seen what looking out for #1 has gotten us... a lot of times the solution isn't obvious....

Absolutely right! The way it is now, almost every pilot is tied to their airline because they can't afford to go back to first year pay somewhere else. Therefore we will accept massive pay cuts and slashing of our work rules because it is still better than jumping ship and starting over.

Fixing first-year pay will add leverage to labor's position.

Latest resources

Back