• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CrewDog97

Sure beats working...
hey guys,
my buddy and i are starting to get serious about this ACSC thing (via correspondence, natch). actually i think it's called something other than ACSC now anyway, but you know what i'm talking about. anyway, i know in the past they used to have the "dirty purples" but now i hear they've moved on to updated versions and the old dirty purples are no longer valid. anybody got any information on the latest and greatest? thanks in advance!

When I did ACSC three years ago I used www.allpme.com . You have to pay but it's worth the money. I'm not sure if it exists anymore. Apparently some idiot in ACSC got pissed off about all the dirty purples and complained. As a result probably some spineless O-6 made dirty purples illegal for ACSC.

My best advice. Do a sandbox deployement and do it then. That was the only way I finished. Five test's and two exercises in 6 weeks.

ACSC Sites

I highly suggest allpme.com as well. If they're still on version 5.0 you should have more than enough info on there to do fine. Particularly if you are a military aviator and have ever deployed and worked with a CAOC, an ATO, and other theater-type stuff you should do fine.

If you're looking for a free site with much of the same stuff but at a lower cost you might also try pmestudygroup.com.

Good luck, what a tremendous pain in the empennage.

allpme.com is great. For the small fee he charges, you'd be making a mistake to not use it.

Can some of you guys post your names in conjunction with this thread? That way the ACSC nazis at Maxwell will know who to pass and who to not.

Maybe this should be a WOM thread instead of something on Flightinfo? Capiche?

WM

Can some of you guys post your names in conjunction with this thread? That way the ACSC nazis at Maxwell will know who to pass and who to not.

Maybe this should be a WOM thread instead of something on Flightinfo? Capiche? All y'all are doing is going to get that website a little extra scrutiny, thus not helping out those behind you, so to speak.

WM

We should all rebel against PME. We are at war. Our bros in combat should be studying their dash ones, the ATOs, and the SPINs for the day, then they should be studying their threat reactions and the weapons they may need to employ on the days targets and how to kill bad guys.

I'm pretty sure the boys of the mighty 8th, 9th and 14th back in 42-45 were not studying PME. They were hoping not to wind up in a Luftstalag or worse on their next mission, and then hoping to have a pint back in England and spend an evening with a nice English lass before they were assigned something painful like Schweinfurt or Ploesti for a next mission.

All this does is tip the balance toward the non rated dudes. Do the finance guys have boldface for travel vouchers and DTS, no they make us do it now. Do the intel guys get no notice evals? The non flyers get to stay up all night, show to work without crewrest and even can do their PME during duty hours because their computer programs have shoved all of the processes they used to do for us into some silly CBT. Because most of their jobs don't depend on knowing stuff verbatim or require constant alertness/vigilance (weapons loaders excluded) to ensure mission accomplishment.

Hold on, the RWR gear is going off, I have to put down my ACSC/SOS/Masters program book, look up my threat response in MCM 3-3.

All that PME stuff should be for guys who don't actually work with most of the rest of the force or other armed services to do their jobs. Let me see, we aviators have to talk to finance to get orders to go to war, see the med folkes to get shots to go to the war, talk to MX to get a jet to go to war, see weather to find out if there are storms at the battlespace, talk to intel to see what the bad guys are up to, then coordinate with at least one other service on the ground to kill the bad guys.

I actually got something out of SOS. All I am getting out of book one of ACSC is de-motivated. Don't see a lot of the leadership theory espoused in this book being practiced by those above us who have obviously done this course and more to get promoted. I am really starting to believe in the so called "field grade lobotomy"

Ok enough of the soap box, reluctantly going back to ACSC.

Last edited:
Very true.

At my old heavy base, the war was an afterthought. It was basically considered a "break" from the typical regimen of ORIs, ASEVs, CBTs, etc, which were all given much higher emphasis than the war by the O-6s (since those got events are what got them promoted).

Operators should validate PME, and shoe clerks should be forced to have the same level of understanding about our jobs as we're required to have about theirs.

I was appalled at the lack of ops understanding by the shoe clerks in my SOS class. They were shocked to hear that their [medical, cybertool, JAG, services] fields were not, in fact, the reason the Air Force exists.

Although the cyberfools are probably the "tip of the spear" now.

"The LAN is a weapon system."

I actually heard one of them say that. Yes, he was completely serious.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back