Anybody Famous?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meat Loaf

I was also working the ramp as a line boy when they flew John Gotti out to SGF to go to the hospital to die. I was probably 17 wedging myself between all these armed gaurds trying to tell an old, dying John Gotti hi :)

I flew Ted Kennedy from BOS to DCA. Also had Mandy Patinkin (of The Princess Bride fame) on a flight of mine from Walla Walla, WA to SEA. He was with his family and was extremely friendly and easy going. We used to fly Tom Skerritt to YVR frequently and he too was very nice.

TF

Gen. Chuck Yeager.

I was nervious. The guy who defied death many many times as a WW II fighter pilot and test pilot. Who wants to be know as the guy that killed Yeager after all that?

Lisa Kudrow to VNY
Lars Ulrich (Metallica) to SFO
Ivanka Trump to KSUN
Hale Irwin
Karl Malone (Jazz)
John Stockton (Jazz)
Maury Povich and Connie Chung to fishing at Dillon, MT

Jane Seymore (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman)
Judge Joe Brown
Paul Hornung
Black Oak Arkansas
Dennis DeYoung (A**hole)
Gatlin Brothers

I flew jimmy buffets family out to his boat (208RG) his plane "strang bird", it had a parrot riding a surfboard on the tail. Met Jimmy, not impressed.

I have had the honor of having Bob Hoover and his wife ride on my plane from Appleton (ATW) to DTW. The FO did not know who he was, almost kicked him off the plane for being a dumb A**!!

Two weeks ago (LAS ABQ)I was coming through the cockpit door to do an aircraft swap and there he was hat and all. He looks at me and says "Now THATS how you land an airplane!!" (blind squirrel/nut situation)

I wish I'd known what to say, my jaw hit the floor, and in a flash, he was gone. The FO taking the plane didn't know who he was .... not to be critical, but how could a pilot not know who Bob Hoover is?

I'll remember that compliment until I die.

Latest resources

Back