Anybody Famous?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigRed1

One thing I always think is cool is when your the pilot flying around notable and famous people. Over the years I have had some amazing encounters and had the opportunity to meet people like Barbara Bush, Mohomid Ali, Ben Aflak, N'Sync, Gene Simmons, Leann Rimes (she offered me concert tickets) and most recently last week, the whole cast of Grey's Anatomy.

Anyone else have any really cool stories about some charters or famous meetings? I ususally keep a copy of the passenger manifest for my scrap book, but have yet to get anything else except a hand shake, ie. autograph or picture. It is tempting to ask but not professional. Just curious who else may have had some cool experiences. I suppose being LAX based helps my chances with famous sightings.

Cheers.

Saw Jerry Springer at LUK the other day...I felt compelled to throw a chair, but some big bald dude in a black polo shirt tackled me first. Nobody talks smack about my baby's mama!

I almost ran over Jerry Sinefeld in a King Air while he was riding a motorcycle! I had landed in SMO and as I turned off the rwy, this idiot shoots out from between the hangars on a motorcycle! We both slam on the brakes, come to screeching halts, and stare at each other. Just about the time I think I recognize him, he drives off.

Later on in the FBO, I mention this to the girl at the desk and she says, "yeah, that was him, it happens all the time"...

I saw a greasy looking Ron Jeremy (I reckon thats standard?) in a ratty t-shirt and sweatpants in the E concourse at CLT a about a month ago...he got off the 'handicapped' golf cart and waddled over to use a payphone. Guess its all well before my time, because the only reason I recognized him was because of those crap shows on VH1 these days...

Had Juan Williams (of Fox News, NPR and author fame) from CAE to DCA one day. The CA & I were both big fans and told him as much.

Last edited:
Saw Jerry Springer at LUK the other day...I felt compelled to throw a chair, but some big bald dude in a black polo shirt tackled me first. Nobody talks smack about my baby's mama!

I flew the guy in your avatar from BOS-LGB about a year and a half ago. He's a pretty cool dude.

hung out with Ray Thomas of the moody blues at LAX.

I saw a greasy looking Ron Jeremy (I reckon thats standard?) in a ratty t-shirt and sweatpants in the E concourse at CLT a about a month ago.

I saw him in SLC last year. The best was standing back and watching who else recognized him. It was great when some hot chick would point and giggle. (You dirty girls...you know who you are):beer:

Also saw this guy. http://www.bananageorge.com/

Last edited:
Peyton Manning, Emmit Smith, one of the Backstreet Boys (FA knew him), K.C. (as in sunshine band), Hank Williams Jr, Rene Russo.

Latest resources

Back