• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody Famous?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hummm... I took Bob Hoover and his wife to ATW from MSP for Oshkosh, but at least the F.O. knew who he was. He had his straw hat on and was very cool. He took the time to chat with us, and signed our logbooks!
John Kerry-not friendly
Jim Belushi
Kiss
Barry Sanders-in coach
The Big Show-VERY Big dude
Miss America-2001 I think
Jim Hannah

Once upon a time when I was a DC-10 FE in LAX (c.92-93)...

OJ...before he was "famous"
Love Boat Captain (tool)
Lou Gosset Jr (nice)
Willie Mays (no autographs)
Hank Aaron (no one dared ask)
Rosanne Barr (CA almost threw her off)
Axel Rose (quiet)
Arnie Becker from LA Law (nice)
Rachel Hunter (TALL)
Sarah Jessica Parker (very nice...before Sex in City. F/O sent her a note and asked her to marry him. She sent back a note explaining why she couldn't.)
Julia Roberts (nice)
Tom Hanks
Lavar Burton (Kunte Kinte and Gordi LaForge)
Kathy Najimi
Randy Travis
Jesse Jackson all the time (lots of ATL-LGA currently..seems ok)
George Will (Newsweek? DCA-LAX)

and...the best was...

Heather Locklear, twice, LAX-JFK then back the next week. Talked to her on the way out and she REMEMBERD me on the way back!!! My life is complete!! VERY nice and looks as good in person on TV!!! Sambora is an idiot!!

Unit

Sat next to Terry Bradhaw in First once. About 20 people came up an asked for his autogragh. He was super nice to all of them, big smile and a "nice to meet you."
Flew Yaeger to DFW, I have his autogragh stuck on the fridge. He was cool.
Larry Gatlin charmed the pax and asked me if I wanted his auotgragh. I didn't know who he was.
The guy from Iron Maiden is now a 737 FO at British Midland. Jimmy Buffet has a reputation as a major league tool.
Oh, and my ex-girlfriend was at an FBO once and a Lear pulls up and out steps The Rolling Stones. She said they talked to everyone at the place.

Jack

Lee Greenwood

Alec Baldwin (EWR-BUF, my first flight as Captain at my present employer)

Max Weinberg

Terry Bradshaw (Same aging adolescent jock you see on TV)

Faith Ford (Very Pretty)

Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam (Very nice folks, didn't complain at all when we had to stash them in the lounge at Million Air TEB for an hour while we ran the Lear 35's engine to get down to the weight limit for the reduced runway NOTAM thanks to my stupid FO. Are you reading this Scott? Taking initiative is a good thing, but only when you don't screw it up! There's a reason the Captain does the fuel order!:rolleyes: )

"Uncle" Ted Nugent (Genuinely great guy)

the Gallo kids (wine)

Herb Kelleher (Best passenger ever!)

Mattress Mac (Worst passenger ever!)

John O'Quinn (Won't state my opinion as I don't want FI to get sued)

My Dad

Last edited:
Cate Blanchet(YUL)
Jenna Jammeson(DFW)
Paltrow(SAV)

Off the subject a little, but I once threw bags for Pearl Jam onto a BAC 111 during my fueling days. I saw Eddie hand the FO "several hundred" dollars and told him to give it to the "helpers" for throwing a truck load of bags and equipment. When we're done the FO winks, gives us 5 bucks and said "wish I could give you more." Jerk!!

John Kerry-not friendly

John Kerry-Not nice?! WHAT!?!?

Did you say, "Hey John, Why the LONG FACE?"

In other news-

Sharon Stone-on the way to a political campaign stop for, as luck has it, John Kerry. I found it funny that she is all about the environment and saving animals, and clean air. Was dropped off at the airport in a Lincoln Navigator, and went out to the chartered G-II with the old Rolls engines. Big cloud of black soot as it flew out of the area.

Bob Dole stopped in one day. Nice guy. Make sure you shake with your left hand.

William H. Macy - PHX-BUR
Bruce from the Beach Boys (the short one, he came up and said hi and introduced himself) PHX-SBA

John Mayer from RDU to JFK last week. Actually stopped to say hello and that he enjoys flying on us. Really cool guy.

Latest resources

Back