Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody else tired of the excuses and extensions at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've got an idea, all you guys suggesting that the peed off pilots should quit, how bout you quit. Then, when we need to get something done in this union of pilots, we won't have to worry about you pacifists screwing up the vote. You can't get blood from a turnip, brad and company are going to find out the hard way. I'm flying the safest plane in the sky, every leg, every day. Hopefully you all are as well.

As you said, it could be worse.....I'm sure there are some CMR pilots who would gladly trade places with you.

I've been here over 16 years, and I just got integrated for a 3 day trip next weekend and I had plans...I've never been integrated for a 3 day trip in all of those 16+ years. Am I happy about it? No....But I understand that we gained some flying that we weren't expecting and I am glad we are growing instead of shrinking like many of our colleagues.

If it is really that bad, then walk the walk and quit like you said you are willing to do....

Whether we like it or not, we earned more flying, and Delta keeps moving the flying around from month to month.

Whether we like it or not, Delta is pressuring us to lower our costs by being "second most cost competitive".

Whether we like it or not, this business is very competitive right now. We are competing for a shrinking piece of the pie with smaller margins.

Whether we like it or not, ASA in the process of the largest merger ever of two regionals and preparing to more than double in size...There is a lot on the plate right now...

Stay focused, keep your eye on the prize, look down the road.....We are in better shape than most....If that doesn't work, and you have something better to do, by all means go for it....

Flame away.....

You poor out of touch bastard.. I hope you make it through your 3 day, pumpkin.

Anyone ever notice that joe wets the tip of his finger, sticks it in the air to figure out where the popular opinion is coming from-and goes the opposite way?

I've noticed every time joe wets the tip of his finger, its usually aimed at the rear end of one of his cohorts at the rjdc.:blush:
Seems like you don't miss a beat either sport. :laugh:

Its unfortunate that many pilots lives are being affected by the short staffing. Every pilot has different priorities. Some pilots have plans and want to spend time at home with their families, and some pilots want to fly more to earn more money. Extending a commuting lineholder for premium pay doesn't help that pilot if they miss their commute and have to get a hotel or sleep in the crewroom.

ALPA's proposal for the voluntary JM list for 200% pay is one of the best solutions. Find the pilots that want to fly their arse off and make more money, and leave the QOL guys alone. Then everybody should be satisfied

bettr yet man the friggin airline already instead of trying to do it on the cheap! :angryfire

Extensions or rescheduling happens at most airlines. The flying has to be covered.
With growth (adding more capacity with increased block hours),comes pain. We are an outsourcer not a freemarket company. We don't plan our future flying, it gets offered to us. Under that concept, planned hiring will always come after the increase in block hours.

Nothing is normal or static in this industry or in the contract world. To grow, we have to be willing to respond on short notice. Increased block hours means upgrades and pilots moving off of Reserve. Being inflexible means less oportunity for individual pilots.

Unfortunately, this is the nature of the beast! Hiring will follow growth. Growth lowers block hour costs creating more opportunity. The Company can only increase profit by adding more units and increasing departures, lowering costs through growth, and exercising cost controls in the process. If you want long term employment, then you have a vested interest in helping your company grow. Otherwise, longterm, your QOL will really suck and ANY job security will disappear.

To be able to increase your wage and benefits, the Company has to be profitable. To be profitable, opportunites have to be captured, the flying has to be covered, and performance goals have to be met or exceeded. As an employee, you have a vested interest in achieving some of the same goals as your Company.

Short term pain will result in long term gain. Help is on the way with the planned hiring. What is happening today will be mitigated by the hiring.

If we can't set ourslelves apart from our competitors in our efforts, we will get what they get--or maybe less.

Last edited:
And speedtape, you are on reserve and have been hearing the same story for 6 months? It's only now that is starting really effect the line holders that this is becoming more of an issue.

You poor out of touch bastard.. I hope you make it through your 3 day, pumpkin.

Actually- I don't think there's much out of touch with what he stated. It may not be what you want to hear, or read, but it is what it is.

Nobody is happy about the junior manning, and I'm not an advocate of what is going on. Let's see what we come up with in regard to the next vacancy bid, along with the "will fly for 200% pay list". I'm all for it- let those that want to make bank work, and those that want QOL to be left alone, left alone.

Actually- I don't think there's much out of touch with what he stated. It may not be what you want to hear, or read, but it is what it is.

Nobody is happy about the junior manning, and I'm not an advocate of what is going on. Let's see what we come up with in regard to the next vacancy bid, along with the "will fly for 200% pay list". I'm all for it- let those that want to make bank work, and those that want QOL to be left alone, left alone.

Well said. I know its different for everyone, but for me personally extra money from max flying and improved QOL are tied together. I have seen my QOL go up exponentially due to my much bigger checks(95hrs credit/300 per diem in ATL vs 65hrs credit/150hrs per diem in IAD)

With all the ERAU wunkerkids that are 150k in debt with student loans I'd think they'd be happy with the abundant amount of flying available hehe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back