Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody else tired of the excuses and extensions at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And speedtape, you are on reserve and have been hearing the same story for 6 months? It's only now that is starting really effect the line holders that this is becoming more of an issue.

Do you think that you are the only pilot at this Company that has ever been on Reserve? You probably wouldn't believe it, but your reserve rules and life is better than what line holders enjoyed here for years! At one point, all line holders were on Reserve in that every pairing was designed to be able to add another round trip and, in addition, many lines had Reserve days sprinkled in regular lines. We were the ready reserves of yesteryear! Sorry, but you are doing nothting that the vast majority have not done. Now, hopefully, with the added block, and the hiring, and at some point PBS, you will no longer be on Reserve! Then you can become a line holder that gets J.M. and extended--but only 10 times a year.

Do you think that you are the only pilot at this Company that has ever been on Reserve? You probably wouldn't believe it, but your reserve rules and life is better than what line holders enjoyed here for years! At one point, all line holders were on Reserve in that every pairing was designed to be able to add another round trip and, in addition, many lines had Reserve days sprinkled in regular lines. We were the ready reserves of yesteryear! Sorry, but you are doing nothting that the vast majority have not done. Now, hopefully, with the added block, and the hiring, and at some point PBS, you will no longer be on Reserve! Then you can become a line holder that gets J.M. and extended--but only 10 times a year.

No I absolutely don't think I'm the "only pilot". There are around 300 of us who have now been on reserve for 3+ years! Our reserve "rules" may be better, but because of staffing NONE OF THEM apply. We are worked constantly to the federal limit. Not the contractual limit. So don't tell me you once had it worse for a few months because of George and John or something like that. No time in the history of this airline have people had to endure reserve for 3+ years.

Previous lurker just breaking out of the mold and making a post. Just figured out that I already had a FI account, so no $10 for me. This should be fun. Looks like I needs to get me a picture. I have the perfect one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back