Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody else tired of the excuses and extensions at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are angry, and want to send a message then quit. :)

Working on it.

Yes, I understand that MGMT has a much larger picture. I get that. You misunderstood my point. They are missing the smaller picture.

WE have a much smaller picture. But we see in MUCH more detail. The G.O. has NO IDEA what goes on out there.

I submit that ASA MGMT needs to select a cross section of trusted pilots. Someone who will tell them on a weekly/bi-weekly basis how things are running. AND LISTEN TO THEM.

Fine to accept Delta flying but not being properly manned is the problem, and that rests w/ mgt. Maybe PBS wouldve helped but someone screwed that puppy up! That's why they're in crisis mode now trying to hire ExJet furloughed pilots, and apparently why interviews are ongoing this weekend for new hires.

Then you have mgt using reserves to fly up to and likely beyond guarantee, heck more than line holders! SKYW pilots have stated that BH did this there, and hates paying pilots to sit around drawing pay. Just saying.

Last edited:
As you said, it could be worse.....I'm sure there are some CMR pilots who would gladly trade places with you.

I've been here over 16 years, and I just got integrated for a 3 day trip next weekend and I had plans...I've never been integrated for a 3 day trip in all of those 16+ years. Am I happy about it? No....But I understand that we gained some flying that we weren't expecting and I am glad we are growing instead of shrinking like many of our colleagues.

If it is really that bad, then walk the walk and quit like you said you are willing to do....

Whether we like it or not, we earned more flying, and Delta keeps moving the flying around from month to month.

Whether we like it or not, Delta is pressuring us to lower our costs by being "second most cost competitive".

Whether we like it or not, this business is very competitive right now. We are competing for a shrinking piece of the pie with smaller margins.

Whether we like it or not, ASA in the process of the largest merger ever of two regionals and preparing to more than double in size...There is a lot on the plate right now...

Stay focused, keep your eye on the prize, look down the road.....We are in better shape than most....If that doesn't work, and you have something better to do, by all means go for it....

Flame away.....

Try doing reserve for 3 years, getting reammed every stinking day by scheduling and then we'll see how you feel about it.

We are running too lean, but I believe much of it is do to the new flying that Delta gave to us. I would rather have us accept the flying than lose it to Pinnacle. Some of the same people crying about this growth and the growing pains that come with are the same ones who cried about us shrinking and furloughing and downgrading. It's been said before, but it could be a lot worse.

If you are fatigued, then call in fatigued. If you can't stand it, then quit. It's very simple.

I'm not afraid of a bit of hard work, and am quite happy to pull my weight if needed. However, from my perspective, the staffing shortage is setting us up to look like a bunch of amateurs when the weather hits the fan and we're cancelling flights up the ying yang. That more than anything concerns me. Clear weather days have zero reserves and extensions/cancellations. The meltdown is coming. Maybe it WOULD have been better to let that flying go to Pinnacle... their staffing is even worse than ours and we could have sat back and watched the show. Concentrate on the things we can do and do them properly. If you aren't prepared to put all the necessary resources into an operation, you're better off not doing it at all.

I'm not afraid of a bit of hard work, and am quite happy to pull my weight if needed. However, from my perspective, the staffing shortage is setting us up to look like a bunch of amateurs when the weather hits the fan and we're cancelling flights up the ying yang. That more than anything concerns me. Clear weather days have zero reserves and extensions/cancellations. The meltdown is coming. Maybe it WOULD have been better to let that flying go to Pinnacle... their staffing is even worse than ours and we could have sat back and watched the show. Concentrate on the things we can do and do them properly. If you aren't prepared to put all the necessary resources into an operation, you're better off not doing it at all.

If we had let it go to Pinnacle, the same people here would be complaining about Pinnacle growing and the slow movement or backward movement here. Sometimes I think some of you will never be happy.

I'm playing the devils advocate. Of course I would prefer the flying to come here, but then they need to staff it correctly. It's been 6 months since Tutt sent his apology about the lack of crews and that he was doing something about it. We are no better off 6 months down the track. They keep making excuses about being blindsided with this and that and as a result we are short. Hall says the delays in the delivery of the 700's contributed to the shortage. How exactly does he figure that? They obviously have an agenda for running it as lean as possible. All I'm saying is it's going to bite them in the ass and we'll end up paying the price, ultimately.

If we had let it go to Pinnacle, the same people here would be complaining about Pinnacle growing and the slow movement or backward movement here. Sometimes I think some of you will never be happy.

You have absolutely no place in this discussion. Perhaps you should GTFO.

:)

Yeah data that's right cause fatigue has never played a part in any accident has it. Another idiot that thinks they're to good for it to happen to them until it does and then you'll probably still be saying "how could this happen to me".

Perhaps you should try reading my post again. While you're glossing over it, can you pull the quote where I dismissed fatigue as playing a role on any accident? Hint, you can't, because I didn't say that. As for the 'idiot' comment, what does my 'thinking I'm 'to' good' have to do with any of this? It doesn't.

Oh great, here comes another one. In a climate with your reserve COLLEAGUES being pushed beyond any rational reasonable limits, continuous Chief Pilot harassment and then being docked pay for fatigue calls I regret to inform you sir, that it's a long way from being "really that simple."

I don't know if there's anything I find more contemptible than senior pilots (yeah, talking about you Cap'n Joey) clearly illustrating how little appreciation they have for what their BROTHER and SISTER COLLEAGUES are enduring. Or perhaps, how little they care.

I didn't realize I was so senior. Perhaps before jumping to conclusions you should ask questions and not make assumptions to prove your point. I am a reserve pilot and have been for more than half of my career at ASA. But, it has "really" been "that simple". You see, if I feel too tired or not up to the task of flying, I will call in fatigued, I don't care what the consequences are. I would also think that most professional pilots don't need to be reminded on an anonymous web board that they should 'fly safe' and 'not fly tired' but apparently, given your vocal response, I guess those types of warnings are needed on these boards because recurrent ground and basic proficiency don't sound like they are enough for you.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back