Any word on TEB crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vavso

I heard rumor that there was a mechanical problem with the elevator/yoke can anyone confirm this ?Vavso

Vavso said:
Any word on TEB crash?
In a similar case, local police charged the pilots with breaking and entering.

Here's what the state patrol did this weekend when a pilot exceded runway dimensional limitations...

Pilot OK after crash on Kelleys

By KRISTINA SMITH
Staff writer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KELLEYS ISLAND -- An inexperienced pilot was cited for careless operation of an aircraft Saturday after the plane he was flying flipped over at the Kelleys Island Municipal Airport, a state trooper said.

Jason Todd Lasalle, 24, 2130 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, was not injured and was flying by himself when he landed a single-engine 1980 Cessna 152 at 3 p.m. on the island, said Trooper Eric Wlodarsky of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Sandusky post.

The aircraft, owned by Daviation Inc. of Willoughby, was on the runway for about 100 feet and moving at 51 miles per hour when it veered to the left, Lasalle told troopers. It went off the south side of the runway onto snow-covered ground and flipped over, according to a report from the patrol.

Wlodarsky said Lasalle's flying inexperienced caused the accident. Lasalle flew from Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland to the island Saturday to practice his takeoffs and landings, Wlodarsky said.

Lasalle had logged 44 hours of flying since November 2003. The minimum for flying solo is 20, Wlodarsky said.

"I don't think that 44 hours is a lot of time flying, especially over a year-and-a-half period," Wlodarsky said.

The runway was clear of snow and ice, and weather conditions were likely not a factor in the accident, Wlodarsky said.

There was heavy damage to the plane's propeller, wing tips, rudder and top, according to the report. Wlodarsky did not have a cost estimate for the damage.

The patrol notified the Federal Aviation Administration about the crash, but it is unclear whether the FAA will investigate further.

minitour said:
Maybe I'm just tired and not thinking right, but...

huh???
I think he meant to say "20 beers", "10 Highballs" or "2 doobies".

Mini...I'm guessing he meant 20 hours.

Meanwhile, people are still cooking meth, driving drunk, holding up liquor stores, etc.... But thank god we have deputy Dewey on the scene writing a ticket to the poor kid who wrecks an airplane. Hey, officer, it looks like he has a cut on his head. Would you like some salt to throw in the wound? :rolleyes:

When you read stories like this (and this),is it any wonder why people just don't have respect for the police anymore?

Brett Hull said:
Meanwhile, people are still cooking meth, driving drunk, holding up liquor stores, etc.... But thank god we have deputy Dewey on the scene writing a ticket to the poor kid who wrecks an airplane. Hey, officer, it looks like he has a cut on his head. Would you like some salt to throw in the wound? :rolleyes:

When you read stories like this (and this),is it any wonder why people just don't have respect for the police anymore?
You talkin bout when cops collide? In STL? Your link came up to a registration page, here's more on the accident...looks like the bad cop was drunk with a .188 BAC.

This linky might work...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...nt&Headline=Wrong-way+driver+was+drunk&tetl=1
The Missouri Highway Patrol said Officer Stephen Bastean's blood alcohol content was 0.188 percent - more than twice the legal threshold for being drunk, 0.08 percent - when his SUV hit a patrol car driven by Officer Scott M. Armstrong nine days ago.

"Clearly he made a poor decision, and as a consequence, we lost two officers," said Cpl. Al Nothum of the Highway Patrol.

The head-on crash happened shortly before 3 a.m. Jan. 12 on Highway 370 in Bridgeton, just west of Interstate 270.

Bastean, 26, had been scheduled to report to work about four hours after the crash. Dr. Mary Case, the St. Louis County medical examiner, said that given Bastean's condition, he still would have been legally drunk if he had shown up for duty at 7 a.m.

Last edited:
Brett Hull said:

Bad Cop, No Donut!!!!! I am sure this cop is an aviation expert too. Andy and Barney should let the Feds deal with things they know nothing about.

Thanks FN. That's what I was getting at.

FN FAL said:
I think he meant to say "20 beers", "10 Highballs" or "2 doobies".

Mini...I'm guessing he meant 20 hours.

Well yeah, I figured that one, but...what is he talking about 20 hours to solo?

I don't remember a reg saying "to operate as the sole occupant of an aircraft, the pilot must, between November 2003 and February 2005 log 20 hours of flight time"

...but it could be the tired thing...

Help me out here someone...

-mini

I wish someone would make that point with Customs. They get OJT and word of mouth aviation training and then they go out to make America safe from all the pilots out there.

Latest resources

Back