any ufo,s sightings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TDTURBO said:
Believe none of what you read and half of what you see, I saw, so I am half way there. ;)

Believe it or not, as much of a non-believer in ET life as I am, I've actually seen some weird things a time or two that made me wonder. One time down in FLL really freaked me out for a little while. I saw 3 metallic-looking objects thousands of feet up that just seemed to hang in mid-air. They stayed there for about 20 minutes before I had to go inside to customs. I don't know what happened to them since I didn't get to stay and watch. The Captain I was flying with was kind of amazed by it too. As strange as it was, I still have to conclude that it was nothing but a visual illusion or some sort of military application. Several military bases in Florida have used saucer-shaped UAVs for a decade or more. There were many reports in the early 90s of "flying saucers" on the Florida gulf coast that ended up being military UAVs. There were frequent sightings in the Nevada desert back in the 80s of "triangle-shaped craft that made strange noises" that turned out to be the F-117. There's always a logical explanation, it just takes time to find it sometimes.

PCL_128 said:
Sagan is actually discussed somewhat in the book. There are many problems with Sagan's formula that calculated million of possible intelligent lifeforms just in our galaxy alone. His formula was basically one of wishful thinking. Many assumptions were made on his part, and "Rare Earth" aims to address that. I'm certainly not saying that life outside of Earth is impossible, just highly unlikely.

ever hear of adaptation???

staledog said:
i thought some other plane was trying to play chicken with me with his landing lights on at first. then it moved across the sky, and vanished. crystal clear night, too.

The victory was yours!

http://www.childrencomefirst.com/starcount.shtml

You do the math. There are more stars (read "Suns" / Solar Systems) out there than grains of sand on our Earth.

I'm not making this up. Google it...

You have to be quite naive to think that only 1 of those stars' systems contains intelligent lifeforms. But then again, people on Earth still believe that oil will never run out...

I saw lots of lights one night. Ended up blacking out. I have no idea how I got to my hotel room. No scars or anything, but I managed to lose $300 in cash.

I guess that happens from time to time in Vegas.

I've been abducted a couple times too, sometime around 1 AM. Only to find myself in the tub at 7 AM. Don't even remember the lights.

Back to the original question, and away from all the Twilight Zone stuff, we had a bizarre sighting one night in the Northeast Corridor. Asked the other guy in the front, "Do you see that?" and he said, "No, I'm not seeing this." Called the FA up front and asked her, and she just stood there with her jaw on her chest.
So now it's time to ask ATC, and their answer: "No sir, we're not showing any targets but you out there."
Game over.
Never mentioned it to anyone else.

Latest resources

Back