Any truth to Mesaba merging into NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YourPilotFriend said:
Contrary to what you may think, there are some pilots trying to save this profession for the younger generation. I could name them, but I don't think they want to be the subject of ridicule on an internet forum.

I doubt it...most probably only give a damn about their job and their retirement. You guys gave away scope in the 90's and now we ALL have to pay.

YourPilotFriend said:
Contrary to what you may think, there are some pilots trying to save this profession for the younger generation.

Its to bad your not one of them.

Sad, its clear that there are some that managements whipsaw tactics really work on. I like to extend a thanks at least to those who see past it and are in it to keep this job as good as we have the power to make it. Good luck to those near sighted folks, you have it right, this job sucks, please exit at the nearest door and make way for those who are willing and able to fight the correct enemy. If my children ever make the choice to be pilots I hope they have something to enjoy.

You're right buck, all us guys at XJ/PCL should just either take a voluntary furlough or just quit. Don't fight for the jobs we currently have, no, its more important that those who are stupid enough to want to work at NWA to get their free shot. Those of us who do not want to work there must be CRAZY! We should shovel some more sh.it so that you will make your wet dream of flying for NWA come true. Many have seen the light and wish to work elsewhere, where things are better and not subject to the whims of the legacy tactics. But, we got 'cha. I'll be generating my resignation letter post haste. I will encourage like-minded pilots to do the same, what with us fu.cking up your future and all. I am willing and able to fight for myself, that's who we fight for here at XJ, remember?

I'm Glad to see we have a trooper here who is willing to fight to keep the $25000 jobs alive. Thank you Mr. Helper for fighting the good fight.

i suppose it is understandable why some would want to burn nwa down, or at least get the he11 out. With (alleged)management trying to outsource everyone's job, and telling us "you're just an expense" who would want to hitch their wagon to such an outfit?
As for mesabi merging into nwa, well i suppose that would save admin. costs, would'nt it. But the employees would expect the same wages...which are coming down, anyway, so why not? Answer: the outsource threat.
Any merger is unlikely, but it is interesting to look at who controls Mesabi's board, basically, nwa appointees and smilin' carl pohlad's fandamily, who also have a large interest in nwa. A real den of vipers, jackals, hypocrites, all.
And look at who nwa has recently put in charge of flight ops and ground? Both nwa people (in addition to those already here). Reminds me of the old "Star Trek" episode, with the babe android robots: "you will be happy, and, controlled." We don't even get the babes...
What DOES paul foley (mair holdings) do all day???

NO Concessions to a "Growth" Contract
NO givebacks while Mair holdings has $100,000,000 mesabi earned in the bank, subsidizing Big Sky, with a CASM of .47, losing $2,000,000 a quarter!
The emporer has no clothes!
Vote NO on concessions! When the judge imposes, STFD!
paper routes available in your area...

First of all, didn't you say you worked for NWA? I think there is a board for majors. Feel free to let us unenlightened pions fester here on the Regionals board.
But you're right, friend, one thing we were taught very well during our last contract here at XJ is that it is everyone for themselves. Its funny how Buck (and others like him), whom I assume voted for the last XJ contract, now is preaching to me about brotherhood. He wants me to fight for the correct enemy, but the XJ FOs were not worth fighting for during the contract? He wants me to fight for his flow-through to NWA, but he would not stand up for is fellow XJ FO during the contract? I will take my 25000, earn my needed PIC and go knocking on other doors. Might even call in a few favors.
Now, friend, your an engineer, its Friday and its not 5 o'clock so GET BACK TO WORK!

KaptainKarl said:
I will take my 25000, earn my needed PIC and go knocking on other doors. Might even call in a few favors.
When Northwest and the legacy carriers that you so hate become low cost carriers, the company your going to will probably fall apart. Remember there is always a company out there that can do it for lower, no matter what company you are. People think MESA is low and how about Ryan air in Europe, i'm 100% sure there is someone going to go lower. My prediction, SWA is bankrupt by 2009. Remeber it's only a matter of when not if. Unifying the list would not only protect NWA pilots, but SWA, United, American, etc, and XJ/PNCL as well.

What?!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
PLEASE enlighten me as to your logic and how SWA will be bankrupt by 2009. I swear you legacy guys still cannot accept that the low cost guys have figured out a better model. Keep dreamin. I know it is a tough pill to swallow, but just make like its your husband's load.

Bankrupt in 2008...... that's rich......really.....what a tool...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back