• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any truth to Mesaba merging into NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys win the argument. However, you guys may not have a choice in the matter. I expect this will be one of the last efforts to save scope at NWA.

How many paycuts are you going to take to save scope? 15% followed by 25% equals a total paycut of almost 40%. I'm sure my paycut is coming soon as well but you wont see our pilot group voting it in by almost 70%.

DetoXJ said:
How many paycuts are you going to take to save scope? 15% followed by 25% equals a total paycut of almost 40%. I'm sure my paycut is coming soon as well but you wont see our pilot group voting it in by almost 70%.

I think it's safe to say a 40% paycut proposal here would fail bigger than Walter Mondale. Granted I haven't been here long but I can't justify staying with a pay cut. And I know numerous F/O's that feel the same way. So they take 20% from my pay... that's $2200, ok, then I quit and the $22000+ spent training me is down the drain, great investment.... I realize I don't have much time vested in this job so it's easier to walk than the guys that were upgrading and are now back as F/O's. Sorry, I have to call shennanigans on this whole mess. Nothing adds up, the Avro's are all gone....yet NWA still is selling tickets to ASE???? Most Saabs are going???? We are going to just continue to operate 2 CRJ's???? Yet the displacement only calls for 109 on the street (+ the 23 already gone) Man, I'd give up this career to get to smoke the shiznit these clowns are passing around.

DetoXJ said:

I know some pilots at NWA who are willing to take a 100% paycut to save scope.

I called Wings Financial. They said they will not take payments in the form of scope from anyone. Not even NWA pilots. Enjoy the winter paying the heat bill with your scope.

a few questions.........
why cannot we all get along?
Why are you letting NWA management divide us?
Why is ALPA not as strong as .....lets say the electircal union? the teamsters?
Why does every NWA pilot i see who flys a narrow body think they are being sold out? does that mean NWA has already split their npilot group?
will i be at a regional my entire career? (yes)
why the heck am i here......oh yes, livin the dream....or was it night mare! wake me up someone!

Some people who currently work for XJ/PNCL think they are getting 76 seat CRJs. In fact, I bet if you go to any Cheif Pilot at XJ/PNCL they will tell you it's a done deal. Thats what Northwest management tells them. Could NWA exec's be lying to XJ/PNCL? You guys think you are sitting pretty right now. Oh look NWA is breaking scope we get new toys to play with. All I see is NWA pilots trying to secure flying at NewCo; I don't see any XJ/PNCL people trying to secure that 76 seat flying. Yeah you will pay in the short term, but hey at least it's better than having MESA take over. Then you guys are SOL.

YourPilotFriend said:
Some people who currently work for XJ/PNCL think they are getting 76 seat CRJs. In fact, I bet if you go to any Cheif Pilot at XJ/PNCL they will tell you it's a done deal. Thats what Northwest management tells them. Could NWA exec's be lying to XJ/PNCL? You guys think you are sitting pretty right now. Oh look NWA is breaking scope we get new toys to play with. All I see is NWA pilots trying to secure flying at NewCo; I don't see any XJ/PNCL people trying to secure that 76 seat flying. Yeah you will pay in the short term, but hey at least it's better than having MESA take over. Then you guys are SOL.

Keep your 70 seater, keep everything you want! I never want to work for NWA, or anything affiliated with NWA, if you guys were the only one's hiring I'd rather fly a C152, then anything you guys have. To go through this cycle every 5 years or so with an inept mngmt, and the BS games they play with your lives and even the lives of the people at XJ/9E, is beyond my comprehension. I'm sorry, you guys (NWA) are a classy act in the flight deck, it's just a shame the way NWA Mngmt. treats you and anybody that makes NWA what it is today. Let them continue these games and see what kind of airline they end up with. When people who depend on their livlihood, are fed up with them, how is general public going to feel about them? I know, I know they won't care as long as they get the cheapest ticket but damm it sucks!

Just venting but I really can't stand it anymore!

Latest resources

Back