Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any theories about FlightOptions future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can you fire 70 people for "productivity" reasons when the variables of the operation are numerous?? Can FO back up it's statistics with data showing that all 70 pilots had an equal chance to be prouctive? What steps did the company take to ensure equitable scheduling across the board? Were some pilots assigned "maintenance pigs" more often than others?? It's going to be difficult to prove their "metrics."

They already know they can't back up $hit. They have already admitted during past "productivity meetings", in which they called pilots that were below an arbitrarily arrived legs per day figure, that pilots have no control over their legs per day.

Management knows that they'll be sued and lose so they can't be that stupid. This is a tactic for negotiations to intimidate and instill FUD in the remaining pilot group so they will vote for the first bone thrown at them....9 and 6 complicated flex schedule with a six pack cracker crew meal program for 3000.00 more per year. Then they'll hire back the hostages before the 1st of the lawsuits goes to court. However, there is good solidarity at FLOPS so management's plan won't work.

One theory anyway......

Waka, that sounds like a very educated guess to me, especially considering that Fud and Harassment are involved. And leave it to the FLOPS to underestimate the pilotgroup....:rolleyes: all they've accomplished is to push the fence-sitters over to your side and hand you guys another battle cry.

Hydrarkt, I was wondering the same things.

Jetwash, it seems pretty stupid to go down that same losing path (lawsuits) again, doesn't it...:rolleyes:

Gunfyter....ya read my mind...:p

Captain D, I would not have guessed that the FLOPS would wrongfully terminate 70 pilots all at once so I think I'll pass on trying to figure out what the future holds in store for the Options pilots. That said, there are two things I know for sure. Your cause is justified and I will stayed tuned.
Best Wishes!
NJW

Scorched Earth.

Gone daddy gone

The business is already ruined beyond repair. The remaining pilots will take an additional 15% percent paycut, and be told they should just be happy to have a job. They will change their motto from "fractional first" to "first fractional to file". MS, Scamjay, and Bobby run off without a care in the world and their pockets stuffed full of cash. And finally Scumza will be left holding his dick in his hands in the unemployment line wondering who's azz he can kiss next. If any of us could have seen in the future none would have stuck around for this. The pilot's weren't fired they were freed.

Cpt. Dork:
"It's hard to believe KR had been to law school."

Just because one has been to Law School, doesn't mean one knows the law! I notice you didn't say he graduated from Law School.

Good luck to all FO pilots in this struggle.

Latest resources

Back