Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any theories about FlightOptions future?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain Dork

Let me admit I am a survivor of the recent purge and that I'm surprized I'm still employed. Additionally, I don't know if productivity and sick calls played much of a roll in who got the axe. I further question the validity of the data gathering.

A theory:

Shock and Awe Program, get rid of lot of union board posters, and the senior union people; people with family health issues that keep them home unscheduled.

Boost Pilot Pay, kiss the butt of the survivors, but work them hard, in the style of the old FlightOptions.
(Kenn is back)

MS and Sanjay are released with severances.

New (family) of management comes on site.

Company seeks to decertify the union.

But here is the catch:

My hardcore coworkers have been preparing for this for two years. They've got documentation and recorded messages ad nauseum for all sorts of attempts at pilot pushing. FlightOptions got their initiative from Ford and Harrison, who have their own private agenda, who will take in tons of money fighting the union attorneys. The teamster fund is fat with cash for this fight.

Four years ago Flightoptions took on five union supporters and lost 8M, according to Raytheon's 10k report. And the company officer's testimony as read from the court transcripts was really weak. It's hard to believe KR had been to law school.

In addition to the FSDO being all over this with the myriad of documented company fudges. The company has probably pissed off other branches of the federal government.

We are in mediation. The methods of these 70 terminations would seem to smell fishy to the average Federal Mediation Board, I would think.

Many of our regularily absent have sick kids and spouses. And most of them still had the accural to cover it. But we have forced vacations at the discretion of company, although it's not presented that way of course. Somehow it would seem the Federal Department of Labor, and the Department of Labor of the State of Ohio would be ill at ease with this.

So here is my end game theory. The FlightOptions boat then will flood with lawsuits. And somewhere along the line they will lose the certificate or take significant fine, as TAG did. (Coincidentally the VP of Flight Operations previous employer).

Then bankruptcy occurs, but it won't be a reorganization, it'll be a liquidation.

Then I personally will end up at Netjets, 1500 numbers behind the 70 guys that were ejected from Flightoptions on 5-23-08, three years before me. I suspect they'll get some lawsuit money, too.

Shock and Awe Program, get rid of lot of union board posters, and the senior union people; people with family health issues that keep them home unscheduled.

What has been coming to light now after all of the firings is how many of those fired for "productivity reasons" all have someone in their family who has medical problems, or high medical expenses.

Seeing as the company is self insured they are now saving millions of dollars in medical expenses.
That more then anything else probably determined who would be let go.

How can you fire 70 people for "productivity" reasons when the variables of the operation are numerous?? Can FO back up it's statistics with data showing that all 70 pilots had an equal chance to be prouctive? What steps did the company take to ensure equitable scheduling across the board? Were some pilots assigned "maintenance pigs" more often than others?? It's going to be difficult to prove their "metrics."

Self edit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back