Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any short approaches or intersection takeoffs up in the ATL today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couldn't help but notice that on the atis arriving into ATL tonight that there was a Notam I have never seen before. Said 27R is for emergencies only and not to request it for landing! Now why would that message suddenly appear after 10 years of flying into ATL? It's all good, hope you guys and gals are liking your new destination.

been on there a year or so. At least it has been on our dispatch paperwork....
all 43 pages of it.

I disagree. 35 mins is long enough to set up the cockpit, flirt with the FAs (female of course;-)), stroll to the terminal, use porcelain, grab breakfast, lunch or dinner for the crew, grab a Starbucks, yack it up with the PAX in the jetway, greet PAX in front the the cockpit, give a tour of the cockpit to an eager kid (or adult), finish up preflight duties and move on out. Also, 35 min turns have a way of being even longer because we get shortcuts and you know, priority handling from ATC (as thx for the pizzas and tvs).

What is this Paschals?? Must make time for it

I agree. It really is amazing what you can accomplish once you get the system down on setting the plane up for the next leg.

RF

I agree. It really is amazing what you can accomplish once you get the system down on setting the plane up for the next leg.

RF

Unless the Captain decides to "help."

It could take an entire leg to find all the Easter eggs. You'll hear plenty of times, "Oh, we changed that?"

More notes will come. Like: don't ask for runways against current flow, don't ask for inboard runways, and don't ask for direct to a fix while in class B airspace. ;)

Yea, figured that out pretty quickly. I carefully suggest that I go in the terminal first by saying 'the PDC won't even be there until 30 prior'. Works like a charm. Come back, set it all up in 5 minutes.

Ohhhhh ..... That's right, you've got to take turns babysitting the airplane. One pilot must remain in the aircraft when it's powered by one of those dubious power sources.

Clever. I wonder why the other airlines haven't thought of it.

What's it matter to you dicko? I fly it the way they pay me to. End of story. It's too easy of a job to get all jacked up about it.

Cheers.

What's it matter to you dicko? I fly it the way they pay me to. End of story. It's too easy of a job to get all jacked up about it.

Cheers.

Easy there Red. You'll burst something. I was merely complimenting you on the innovation. :D

It doesn't "matter" to me, but it may cramp my numerous leisure activities during turns. Although, it does seem that you'll have everything taken care of, so it wont be too bad.

Cheers,

Baiting Red is fun. Baiting Red whilst being paid to watch 'Harmonization' videos ..... Priceless.

That sounds like one of the commandments I will be ignoring i.e. claiming ignorance on. Feel free to write me up for being a wanderer. Having said that. Those very months I was an FO at Airtran I was super quick at setting the plane up on turns, to include a walk around and manual weight and balance. I have this horrible uneven tan from to many years in the left seat of the 737. I need to hurry up and get to SWA to work on the right side for a few years. :p

Easy there Red. You'll burst something. I was merely complimenting you on the innovation. :D

It doesn't "matter" to me, but it may cramp my numerous leisure activities during turns. Although, it does seem that you'll have everything taken care of, so it wont be too bad.

Cheers,

Baiting Red is fun. Baiting Red whilst being paid to watch 'Harmonization' videos ..... Priceless.

Believe me, it won't cramp your style at all. :)

You can walk off with power if you want.....nothing like an unpaid vacation, but if Jamaica is calling then cool.

RF

Latest resources

Back