Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any short approaches or intersection takeoffs up in the ATL today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So are you saying labor in the south are lazy?

In the deep South, when you go through the McDonald's drive through, you better have at least 1/4 tank of gas. (Some folks turn off their engine and roll down their windows to save gas while they wait, but a northerner would die from heat exposure.) :D

I disagree. 35 mins is long enough to set up the cockpit, flirt with the FAs (female of course;-)), stroll to the terminal, use porcelain, grab breakfast, lunch or dinner for the crew, grab a Starbucks, yack it up with the PAX in the jetway, greet PAX in front the the cockpit, give a tour of the cockpit to an eager kid (or adult), finish up preflight duties and move on out. Also, 35 min turns have a way of being even longer because we get shortcuts and you know, priority handling from ATC (as thx for the pizzas and tvs).

What is this Paschals?? Must make time for it

haha; we'll see how that priority handling from ATC in atlanta works out, but hats off to you if you can get it. Paschals is southern type food-they have a pretty good breakfast. Word is that Ludacris is opening a new place called Chicken and Beer soon so you can try that.

I disagree. 35 mins is long enough to set up the cockpit, flirt with the FAs (female of course;-)), stroll to the terminal, use porcelain, grab breakfast, lunch or dinner for the crew, grab a Starbucks, yack it up with the PAX in the jetway, greet PAX in front the the cockpit, give a tour of the cockpit to an eager kid (or adult), finish up preflight duties and move on out. Also, 35 min turns have a way of being even longer because we get shortcuts and you know, priority handling from ATC (as thx for the pizzas and tvs).

What is this Paschals?? Must make time for it

If your planning on mulling in the terminal that much you better tell the skipper to increase taxi speed to V1+5. Trying to navigate around the many multicolored GIGANTIC @SSES in the ATL's claustrophobic terminals easily adds 10 minutes.

If your planning on mulling in the terminal that much you better tell the skipper to increase taxi speed to V1+5. Trying to navigate around the many multicolored GIGANTIC @SSES in the ATL's claustrophobic terminals easily adds 10 minutes.

Always good to get a little exercise in as well :laugh:

$5.00 per hour jobs anyone?

In the deep South, when you go through the McDonald's drive through, you better have at least 1/4 tank of gas. (Some folks turn off their engine and roll down their windows to save gas while they wait, but a northerner would die from heat exposure.) :D

Lived in south carolina for 7 years.Not all,but most workers have 2 speeds,slow and stop.Kind of hard to get motivated with the slave wages in the south.A local tv station in the 90's ran a public service during the area news program highlighting jobs.One opening was for an experienced carpenter with tools and transportation paying $5.00 per hour.I was tempted to call the outfit offering the job and ask if he could live on $5.00 per hour,but I never did.What a scumbag.
I also think the oppressive summer heat saps the energy out of some people.

Lived in south carolina for 7 years.Not all,but most workers have 2 speeds,slow and stop.Kind of hard to get motivated with the slave wages in the south.A local tv station in the 90's ran a public service during the area news program highlighting jobs.One opening was for an experienced carpenter with tools and transportation paying $5.00 per hour.I was tempted to call the outfit offering the job and ask if he could live on $5.00 per hour,but I never did.What a scumbag.
I also think the oppressive summer heat saps the energy out of some people.

But at least it's a "right to work" state. Boeing, BMW, Michelin and many others are building huge facilities there to get away from union labor. Too bad "right to work" really means "right to work for less and get fired without being given a reason."

Couldn't help but notice that on the atis arriving into ATL tonight that there was a Notam I have never seen before. Said 27R is for emergencies only and not to request it for landing! Now why would that message suddenly appear after 10 years of flying into ATL? It's all good, hope you guys and gals are liking your new destination.

Latest resources

Back