Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Scoop on what Delta's "New Business Plan" June 12th (Thurs) Announcement Will Be?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Furloughed for five years at DL??? I was and so were about 400 or more of us. I with 20 others have the longest furlough record at DAL, 5 years 3 months, and that was the longest ever. I am not sure who thinks that DAL didn't have five year furloughs because I am owed some back pay.

"Delta management has also stated that their objective is to treat all employees in a fair and equitable manner. "

I think I have heard that line before somewhere, let me think, oh yAA I remember now.

Bullsh!t, if NWA a/c are parked then Nalpa pilots should hit the street......end of conversation. I don't care if it is a 2000 hire that gets furloughed ahead of me.....you bring a 40 year old 9 to the table and it gets parked ahead of our 20 yr old 88's......why should I get the axe? I'm tired of politically correct hand holding kumbya BS.....Fences for all of us and let the chips fall where they may.

The scope of the new combined company will be what dictates what happens with the dc9s. Our scope prohibits just parking all of them so it has yet to be seen what happens under the merged carrier. If they are parked after the merger than thats a DAL decision because under a stand alone NWA it wouldnt be an issue right now. You guys are arguing about something that hasnt even happened yet, relax. All the rumors are DAL wants the remaining dc9s as a filler in the current NWA hubs and ATL. DAL is proving right now it wants to reduce the regional feed. The dc9 still has a role in the new combined DAL. Saying a DAL guy shouldn't be effected by aircraft retirements on the NWA side is like saying you have no right to any of the aircraft NWA brings to the table including the 787s that will eventually be here. This is a joint venture and we will prosper or fail as a combined airline.

Dude, you are right....I'm just getting frustrated and tired of all this crap already. Hopefully the combined company will keep 'em all, right size the equip for the market/route and continue to axe the capacity out of the 50 seaters and further reducing the ridiculous amount of DCI carriers we have.....flying OUR blockhours. Peace.

Dude, you are right....I'm just getting frustrated and tired of all this crap already. Hopefully the combined company will keep 'em all, right size the equip for the market/route and continue to axe the capacity out of the 50 seaters and further reducing the ridiculous amount of DCI carriers we have.....flying OUR blockhours. Peace.

right there with ya. Its frustrating and easy to get bent out of shape but this new airline has a chance of coming out of this looking very good. DAL apparently has every intention of reducing regional feed and both DAL and NWA have ALOT of 50 seat regional jets under the NWA/DAL banners. Anderson has said many times he wants quality and performance to come back up and i think he wants to do that with mainline employees. Since its OUR company who else wants it to be successful more than we do? Regionals are getting a free ride on fuel and profits and i think this will be where that starts to change. The dc9 burns alot of gas but they are paid off and the numbers show that the dc940s and 50's are more cost efficient then the 50 seaters and those models of dc9s will be the majority of the dc9 fleet by the end of the year. more than 50% of the dc9s are going to be DC9-50's. I think they are going to be around for a while until we can get a replacement at mainline. We shall see, in the mean time the best thing we can do is relax and let things take their course. We cant do anything about it either way so why get bent out of shape about stuff that hasnt even happened yet? Cheers :beer:

Bullsh!t, if NWA a/c are parked then Nalpa pilots should hit the street......end of conversation. I don't care if it is a 2000 hire that gets furloughed ahead of me.....you bring a 40 year old 9 to the table and it gets parked ahead of our 20 yr old 88's......why should I get the axe? I'm tired of politically correct hand holding kumbya BS.....Fences for all of us and let the chips fall where they may.

Fences for the aircraft?

Or the routes?

Lee Moak STFU? I think he knows a bit more of what is going on then you do. Immediate pay parity would be fine. The problem will be when the new Delta starts parking DC9s and 742s, and their pilots start moving down to Compass. Our DL pilots shouldn't have to hit the street for possible parkings of THEIR airplanes. If some of our MD88s etc get parked, then I can understand that.(we are new 777s and 73NGs in the meantime, though) But, our guys shouldn't have to leave if their NWA planes go to the desert. If that isn't addressed in our "joint contract" with regards to scope and minimum mainline planes on the property, then that is ALSO the fault of both MECs.....

Bye Bye--General Lee
How generous of you Lee! You really do have a serious ethics problem.

We cant do anything about it either way so why get bent out of shape about stuff that hasnt even happened yet? Cheers :beer:
Agreed 1000%, I just need to stay off of this board....it's not good for my attitude and outlook. Looking forward to beers with ya'll......as long as the mugs are frosty and NOT the ground!

Fences for the aircraft?

Or the routes?

There wouldn't be fences on the routes. I have heard that route planning is salivating thinking about putting a 744 on the ATL-NRT route, and a bunch of other changes to "right size" routes with planes. I don't know how long the DC9s are going to stick around, but they are the closest thing to a 100 seater that we have now, except for the 737-700s that will be doing other types of missions--like Vail and Quito supposedly.

Bye Bye---General Lee

How generous of you Lee! You really do have a serious ethics problem.

Ethics? Would it be "fair" to bring certain planes to the table that would "likely" be parked first, and then park our guys with them? Ummmmmm, NO. We should fence those DC9s for 5 years. Why? The senior NWA guys probably want to fence the 744s, so why not the DC9s on the bottom? Sounds fair to all of us.

F9driver, explain what you would do to be "ethical" please.....have our guys furloughed on planes they never flew or intended to fly?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back