• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any RegionsAir pilot out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Belch has moved on to Pace. I too owe him large quantities of scotch, perhaps a bottle of Oban. Congrats Belch, of all the 3C-er's you deserve it most. It has been your turn for too long.

For the new Regions guy. The commute from ORD will be easy. There are at least 2 guys there that commute from ORD (Chicago anyway I think one flys out of Midway). I really didn't like the company. The pilot group was great. If Smyrna would have left us alone I would have stayed to upgrade, but they kept screwing us out of more stuff every month. As you know the pay sucks and it doesn't appear to be getting better at any time. If you must use this place as a stepping stone it's alright. Just make sure that you treat it as such and don't hang there too long. Ask Belchfire, it will drive a man to drink large amounts of adult beverages, and smoke, and snuff, and.......I'm sure you get my drift. I used them as much as they used me and it all worked out in the end. By the way congrats on getting the job.

Congrats

Belchfire,

It was good talkin' to you on 30-nothin' today (Tony didn't sound too excited ;))

Anyway, sincere congrats to you and TH on moving on, you'll love it at HootersAir. I might come out one night to hang out with y'all while you're in training, from what I remember there’s always plenty of food and beverages out there :)

Ps. Now it’ll be your turn to “Pay-it-Forward" and help other Corpex Guys & Gals to move on - I know you’ll do great in that arena too.

Ps. I agree with most of the “WARNINGS!!!” from Way2broke, jetpig32, and other ex-corpex guys, HOWEVER personally I think Corpex was a great place to get the turbine pic and although I never made any money there, I still think I made the right decision when I accepted Corpex over ACA way back when. Mainly for the QOL because in my case I didn’t have to commute.

As far as pay and benefits (or lack of), one way of earning a few extra bucks is by joining the training department. B2 is always looking for help, and I just cannot think of working under a better supervisor anywhere, but that’s just my ½ ¢ opinion.

(Belchfire, for you that equals ¼ €¢)

Luv, Homey ;)

Last edited:
I'll remain out of this one.

Study Hard at Corpex they loose more people in training than most airlines loose in a year. Don't stay there to long you WILL drink large amounts of "Milk".

How are things Fox Bravo?

Pay Issues

If you do go there and actually stay more than a year and upgrade, don't expect a healthy final pay check. Many of us who left are not getting vacation pay. I lost a week and didn't get holiday pay during the last month I was there. I was a senior captian and IOE qualified, so I wasn't just some guy quickly passing through.

If anyone goes there, just go with the thought of pay doesn't matter and I only need this flight time for the next job. Leave as soon as you get what you need. Don't invest too much time, sacrifice, or money. Believe me there a far better places to work that will hire a pilot with a fair amount of turboprop time.

A final note: The pilots there are some the best people that I have ever had the pleasure of flying with and hope to share the cockpit with them again someday.

Captham –

“Many of us who left are not getting vacation pay. I lost a week and didn't get holiday pay during the last month I was there. I was a senior captian and IOE qualified, so I wasn't just some guy quickly passing through.”

A while ago, when I was visiting MQY, I asked one of the HR people about the rumor C3 wasn’t paying out earned vacation to some people leaving the company and I was told it had to do with them not giving a 2-week notice? Is that correct or did they have other reasons for shortchanging you? (2-week notice is the norm and it should be followed whenever possible, HOWEVER even if you only give them a 1 hour notice, I think the vacation time should be paid out, but that’s just my opinion)

“A final note: The pilots there are some the best people that I have ever had the pleasure of flying with and hope to share the cockpit with them again someday.”

Agree 100% and fortunately for us more and more of them change their call sign to citrus! ;)

Latest resources

Back