Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any Regional Guys get a call from Delta yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is nothing more painful than spending an afternoon filling airlineapps. I like Delta and all but.. not that much. by the way I'm kidding.

Do you think its worth paying the 100 bucks or so to go to the job fair in ATL? Delta is going to be there?

I don't want you to go because it means more competition for me. I want you to go because I like to see people advance their lives. Obviously I'm just kidding about the first part of my post. Seriously though, how much is it worth for you to get the job. Better said, if you went down there and spent the money and didn't get hired, would you be pissed off? Or would you chalk it up to an opportunity to sell yourself in person. I know what I am going to do. You have to answer your own question for yourself.

Do you think its worth paying the 100 bucks or so to go to the job fair in ATL? Delta is going to be there?

Let's see, you're at a regional looking to move up to a major with much better QOL, pay and career advancement... and you're worried about $100 for a chance at it?

Just stay at the regionals. :rolleyes:

When is it?

Let's see, you're at a regional looking to move up to a major with much better QOL, pay and career advancement... and you're worried about $100 for a chance at it?

Just stay at the regionals. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the motivation. That means im going to pay the price and go. Dont want to be at a regional for the rest of my life. Its on aug 28. look at airlinepilotcentral.com for details.

Thanks for the motivation. That means im going to pay the price and go. Dont want to be at a regional for the rest of my life. Its on aug 28. look at airlinepilotcentral.com for details.

The worst day at a Major is better than the best day at a regional. Yes, you may have to take a hit for the first year or two pay wise (starting pay is $52 an hour at DL I believe), and you might have to be on reserve for a year or two also. But, pay goes up fast at DL, and within 3 years pay is close to $100 an hour. Other things coming up---the Dalpa contract ends in 2012, and a lot of hiring projected supposedly.

The DCI picture hasn't been great lately, and the loss of 50 seaters, along with different DCI carriers moving from base to base, may point to a change for some. A lot of people fear change, and also fear leaving their comfy left seat at a regional to suddently not be incharge in the right seat of an A319. Can you do it? Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee, gee, thanks Captain Obvious. Your picture is rosy and all, but there are thousands and thousands of qualified applicants for only a handful of Delta pilot jobs. Every regional pilot (all FOs) meet the minimums for Delta. But competitive mins are much higher. And I don't have knockers. Nor a "Man in Aviation" group that will buy me a free 737 type and a guaranteed interview at SWA. Nor is my father a Check Airmen for Delta. Nor am I a flowthrough. My application will be lost in the stack of thousands.

So I guess it's continue pillaging at my "loser" DCI carrier.

Latest resources

Back