Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
410dude said:
I sent you a PM, please respond. Thanks

Why would someone respond to a jack-off like you? Besides, I thought you were already "IN" with UPS. Why are you trying to find someone else's ass to kiss?

<coughing> PFT

PCL_128 said:
1. Putting your hand on the flaps or gear to "prompt" me for them when I'm the PF. I'll ask for them when I want them, thank you very much.

2. Messing with the thrust levers when it's not your leg. If you want to fly a different speed, then just say something. I don't like looking up from my magazine to find that we're suddenly doing M.80 instead of the M.74 I set a few minutes earlier.

3. I agree about the jumpseaters. It's just common courtesy. I don't expect you to wait around for me if I'm out doing the preflight or something, but if I'm sitting right there then at least say hi.

Paid For Training dorks! :D

LAXSaabdude said:
Ugh!
"Excuse me! Could you tell me if my frequent flyer miles are being credited to my account on this flight?"
"Excuse me! Is there any way you could move my seat so I'm not in the middle?"

Yeah, I used to get pissed off about that stuff, too, until a buddy of mine who is a SWA CA (and is black) said, "At least they don't come up to you and drop their bags, thinking you're a skycap".

After that, just simply asking me stupid questions didn't seem so bad.

As for the occaisional FO that mistakes diplomacy for stupidity, well, he is in for a well-deserved surprise! Heh-heh. That is sure to bring out the Stegasaurus tail at some point!

Last edited:
I got a few!!

1. Capts that swear the CRJ is the space shuttle.
2. 9/e F/O's that wear their hats with the chest up high thinking there capt america!
3. Mesaba pilots that also think their sH!t don't stink and with their chest up high!
4. OLD F/A's that swear their jobs like a fortune 5 company.
5. F/A's that won't give you a cup of ice or a pop because" passengers comes first"
6.Mainly the old f/a's are my pet peeves. RETIRE!!!

Last edited:
-Those who just cannot admit they just plain old f*ckd up. "I saw that" "I told you that" "I was waiting to do that" "This stupid thing just freaks out" "I could have sworn he said ____" "It was the wind"

-Anything that starts with, "If I was captain, I would have...." Especially when input was asked for and you didn't care one way or the other at the time.

-Not having any opinion on anything from how much fuel we should take to which way to deviate to where we want to eat.

-Calling out weird sh!t 10 feet above the runway while I'm in my flare. "Ref!" "320 at 10" 'reffin plus 5' Unless I exceed some limitation or jack up SOP, shhhhh!

-Adding a million knots to ref so we float halfway down the runway, and have 64 flare attempts before we run out of enough speed to actually stop flying and touch down.

-Treating fas, rampers, commissary, or mechanics like they're subhuman and below you.

-Getting treated like an inconvenience when trying to jumpseat or non-rev. YO! You CAN look me in the eye at some point in the conversation, right? Or say, "CAn I help you?" So I don't stand there at the counter while you play chopsticks on the computer keyboard wondering if you're actually ever going to look up.

-Jumpseaters who don't have their lic/medical ready. Yeah, I'm cool, but make it easy and don't make me look like the jerk for asking.

-"Are you ready to board?" as we're cramming our bags in the closet.

-FA's yakking like mad when the FO is trying to get the clearance/ATIS

-Capts who show up and ask the FO 'is the walkaround done?' when the FO did clearance, ATIS, weight restrictions, and every other thing in the world while the capt was having a leisurely phone conversation.

-Never getting a 'thank you' from company for all the times you save the operation from certain disaster.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back