Any other pay cuts @ Netjest Inc?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lord Wakefield

Company and Union are in agreement that the company is broke. Will fictional ownership ever work?

Why is it that only the NJA pilots at Netjest Inc are getting pay cuts? The other divisions are losing even more money. Are pay cuts coming to Europe, EJM, how 'bout the NJI pilots?

It's a good thing CEOs don't fly airplanes

Lord Wakefield said:
It's a good thing CEOs don't fly airplanes
Maybe they should so they realize how much pilots are worth and pay them accordingly.

It isn't a matter of can't. It is a matter of won't.

The company is lying! The union leadership doesn't speak for the pilots who are voting them out next month, and many pilots would take a pay cut --at NJA-- if this POS TA (that's what WE all call it) were to pass. Which it definitely WILL NOT. The pilots and their wives are working together in UNISON to get the contract the pilots have earned and deserve. They are the real union. Europe is starting to become profitable--NJA pilots' salaries were spent on expansion. We are saying, NO MORE! And NO to the insulting TA.

Wakefield,

(I"m sorry, but he Irish in me prohibits me from calling anyone "lord") I have to respectfully disagree with your post. You said the "Company and the union" are in agreement the company is broke. That is not true. What you should have said is the company and the "MEC" are in agreement the company is broke. The pilots haven't spoken yet, nor will they until the ballots are counted October 22. The MEC are our elected officials, however, although they represent us, and although they have presented a TA they endorse, whether or not they speak for the remaining 1900 pilots in the "union" will be evident shortly.

Have you guys ever researched how much it costs netjets to replace a pilot?

I heard a figure in corporate of almost 100K between loss of use, relocation, training, etc.

Would be interesting to know how far they'll (the management) raise before it cost more than loosing pilots and having to replace them - if enough left, they'd also loose flights - hard to estimate the number, but I'm sure it's staggering!

Ace, you bring up a good point. One which the company would be well advised to consider. I have my ear very "close to the ground", and I'm hearing a distinct shuffling noise. Is it the sound of resumes being prepared? Or feet getting ready to "vote"? Both of those sounds are part of a back up plan. You have to be listening closely to hear them over the shouts of VOTE NO!

Good question, how much does it cost? Probably should start another thread on that one. I'll take a jab at it:
1. Cost of flight to interview, two nights in hotel and sim at FSI: flight to houston $300, hotel $200, sim (tough one here they have deals, etc, how about $250), total of $750.

2. Indoc (no hotel, on salary for two weeks $1250, based on 30k a year for a new fo)=$1250

3. Flight safety type rating, (anywhere from 12k-30k, of course it's probably less since FSI is under Berkshire Hathway), let's say 15k for fun) 2 weeks salary, $1250 again, rental car, $250, hotel $1200, perdiem $550 grand total of = $17,000

4. Flight training in airplane (took me a week to do) only salary, no hotel again= $575

GRAND TOTAL = $19,575*

Your mileage may vary, depending on what you think Netjets REALLY pays for the type ratings. Anyone else care to guess?

dukeofdub said:
You can vote no, but I say vote yes... take the money and run!
Not me. I never take the car salesman's first offer. I say vote no... wait for the 2nd or 3rd offer, then take money and stay!

Majik: it only takes 50% plus one vote. Been doing this a long time. Have seen some strange shxt!

"Thought you could not shoot a gun? I lied!!"

Latest resources

Back