Any of you AA guys....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
strangely appropriate to debate survivor vs.airline mergers

Terry is tough, mentally and physically. No one in this season's cast could beat him 1 on 1. He's going to the final three (of course) but then it could get tough. If the last challenge doesn't suit him the winner may not pick him for the final two, conversely, I'm not too sure he can beat anyone left for him to pick from. He might have a few enemies on the jury. He teased them with the immunity idol and a false alliance.

TWA would today look something like US Air, or maybe better. We care about that sort of thing because we are curious about the future. Airline mergers (just like Survivor) are going to continue to play out. If NWA and DAL merge, CAL and UAL will merge. AA gets left out in the cold. Any transaction involving AA from that point will, at the very least, be a merger (it sure won't be another deal where AA can just cut a check) and the jury is going to overwhelmingly ALPA.

Terry needs to try to avoid taking Cirie and do so without making her angry. If he can do that, the jury might think only of his individual effort and make him the winner. And that extra million bucks will come in handy for him if ALPA ever sits as jury on another APA involved merger.

[It is pointless to speculate, but even worse than that is to adopt a superiority attitude based on what might have happened to them./QUOTE]

Huh me?
I did not speculate, just humming the tune displayed by some TWA guys:
They belive, or speculate, that TWA would have been better off without AA.

As for superior attitude, speak for yourself.

Yo CSY, I wasn't implying that you had a superiority attitude. I was casually hinting that it was our own pilot group that had such an attitude during the deal, and part of the reason was because they thought TWA was history.

If you look at the AWA/US deal today - which is remarkably similar to ours regarding two airlines with different financials - you definitely don't see that same superiority attitude from AWA pilots.

regards bro,

Back to the thread - sorry to interupt the spat...

Survivor shows are filmed months before they air Thus they are taped - or 'tapped' as someone mentioned -and obvioulsy heavily edited. This episode was filmed back in the fall and Terry went back to work at AA long ago. He is sworn to secrecy and his only comment was the '$1M after taxes would not be enough to quit with'. I don't work at AA but I know TD from the Navy. Terry is a good guy, although no lack of self-confidence like most Turkey drivers I know ;-)

What he should have told that dude Aras last week who was crying about not seeing his Mommy for a month was that there are thousands of 24 year-old guys in the Armed Forces right now who won't be seeing their Mommies for 6-12 months. What a wus!

Fly Navy,

Ben

Benjamin Dover said:
What he should have told that dude Aras last week who was crying about not seeing his Mommy for a month was that there are thousands of 24 year-old guys in the Armed Forces right now who won't be seeing their Mommies for 6-12 months. What a wus!

Ben

Unfortunately, there are many that won't ever see them again. Time for perspective here.

To all our military persons out there, thank you for your service to all of us.

X

XTW said:
Unfortunately, there are many that won't ever see them again. Time for perspective here.

To all our military persons out there, thank you for your service to all of us.

X

X,

Thanks for the nod to those of us that have served. I have lost more buds and been to more memorial services over the years than I would care to ever count, and you missed my point if you think there is "need for perspective". I have plenty of my own.

I'm sure those that watched the episode I am referring to get it, but I'll fill you in. Terry won a particular challenge and he got to hook up a few of the others with an overnight stay with a loved one. Later when Terry explained why he discounted those who were single and were just going to see their mothers, the one dude had a meltdown because he hadn't seen his mother for 33 days! Terry just looked at him like - "whatttt? Get a life," or other similar thoughts probably going through his head.

So, that is what I was getting at. This dude was hardly suffering severe hardship compared to other young men his age. When Terry was this guy's age he would not see his mother for at least 6 months at a time, often longer, while he deployed on the carrier - even during peacetime. So, he was not going to get much sympathy from Terry, or most anyone watching, with his lame "who' rock is prettier" cry session. That was my point.

Yes, you are quite correct that many of our soldiers will never come home to their loved ones, but I did not go there because that is a theme for whole new thread - feel free to start a new one on that topic if you want X-man. I believe this thread began with a question if anyone knew/flew with an AA pilot who is currently on Survivor.

Ben

Ben,

Even though I quoted your post, I wasn't directing my comments to you personally, and there was not any implied tone in the post. It was about the contestant whining about not seeing "Mommy" for a month.

X

XTW said:
Ben,

Even though I quoted your post, I wasn't directing my comments to you personally, and there was not any implied tone in the post. It was about the contestant whining about not seeing "Mommy" for a month.

X

Guess I read it wrong - sorry for the rant. Have a great day!

Ben

Is Terry a AA Captain? I think Aras was trying to increase the tension between the two of them. He is really tired of losing to Terry and I think is just trying to make him crack, which he did a little when Shane got booted. Then he got mad a Cirie, which was not too smart.

I think Terry will be runner up. Mostly because he already got a truck, and he has been beating the crap out of all of them in competitions.

Much respect for those serving and that have served.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back