• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any news on the GLA furloughs???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mooser, dude, I took the voluntary leave of absence from GLA and am happier than a pig in $hit. Came up here to moose country, biking, kayaking, hiking, flying some R/C, I even get to go to OshKosh this year. One of the best decisions of my life. Consider this a vacation from a job you don't have yet. Incidentally, the Beech gets crazy hot every time it touches the ground - at least in a Cessna you can hold the door open during a long taxi. You and I get to skip all that nonsense this year.

I have trouble beleiving March of 2005 - normal attrition would have us down to the staffing levels we saw prior to the "Big Brasilia Buildup" well before March, me thinks.

to chew on

From the grapevine:
My FO just told me we are bringing back 3 of the furloughs

We are going to Vegas temporarily to fly some stuff for Scenic Airways

A station manager is telling a story that she requested a replacement vehicle from CYS and was denied b/c "it is all going down south"...

Hey it could be worse.. getting a type rating in less than a year (for many of the folks heading back to the right seat)

Chew away!

canadflyau said:
From the grapevine:
My FO just told me we are bringing back 3 of the furloughs

We are going to Vegas temporarily to fly some stuff for Scenic Airways

A station manager is telling a story that she requested a replacement vehicle from CYS and was denied b/c "it is all going down south"...

Hey it could be worse.. getting a type rating in less than a year (for many of the folks heading back to the right seat)

Chew away!
This is good news!!! Hopfully ADOT will get there crap together and make some decisions

Mooser

Cardinal said:
Mooser, dude, I took the voluntary leave of absence from GLA and am happier than a pig in $hit. Came up here to moose country, biking, kayaking, hiking, flying some R/C, I even get to go to OshKosh this year. One of the best decisions of my life. Consider this a vacation from a job you don't have yet. Incidentally, the Beech gets crazy hot every time it touches the ground - at least in a Cessna you can hold the door open during a long taxi. You and I get to skip all that nonsense this year.

I have trouble beleiving March of 2005 - normal attrition would have us down to the staffing levels we saw prior to the "Big Brasilia Buildup" well before March, me thinks.
I LUV that Attrition!!!

Mooser

Just heard no 1900 captains are going back to FO in August, as of yesterday. I think everyone threatening to bid Brasilia FO if they got bumped back did the trick. I would still love to see those CYS a$$clowns get hosed with more unnecessary training costs just to make a point, although they probably wouldn't even freakin' notice.

Been in negotiations now for over 4 years (this scale is from our first and only contract) like I said we can't get a second contract, and have been at an impasse for a long time! Thank you NMB for not releasing us!

PerDiem $1/hr (anytime you are on duty, no overnight req.)
GLA Payscale 75hr guar
CAPTAIN - 15-29 Seat Turboprop
0-1 25.89
1-2 27.19
2-3 28.45
3-4 29.83
4-5 31.11
5-6 32.38
6-7 33.20
7-8 34.02
8+ 34.87
Captain 30-50 seat Turboprop
0-1 31.89
1-2 33.34
2-3 34.71
3-4 36.27
4-5 37.82
5-6 39.43
6-7 40.63
7-8 41.84
8-9 43.10
9-10 44.39
10+ 45.73
FIRST OFFICER - 15-50 Seat Turboprop
0-1 15.30
1-2 17.22
2-3 18.36
3+ 19.50

Talked to a contact from ADOT yesterday;

Mr. Stevens said that "They have been behind on getting their recomendation on the EAS cities, but will have them in within the next two weeks."

Sounds like we won't have much longer to wait...

Mooser

Don't hold your breath, nobody really knows what's going on. They lost the bid to put Brasilia's in Nebraska so that already frees up more crews.

Latest resources

Back