• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any news from Washington from ASA/alpa?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Imagine the excitement among the SkyWest pilot group at the prospect of becoming represented by ALPA in light of the blazing pace of the negotiations at ASA!

No, it's more like, "Imagine the excitement among the SkyWest pilot group at the prospect of replacing ASA at the rate of 4 airplanes per month!"

No, it's more like, "Imagine the excitement among the SkyWest pilot group at the prospect of replacing ASA at the rate of 4 airplanes per month!"

ALPA won't let that happen........ We have ALPA protection unlike those Skywest pilots..........

ALPA won't let that happen........ We have ALPA protection unlike those Skywest pilots..........

JOE, you are such a D!CK! I am embarrassed to think that you EVER held an ALPA position. You usually have nothing good to say...other than the same ole....blah blah blah...you have DEFINATELY made it onto my IGNORE list! JackAZZ!:rolleyes: Hey everyone...lets all put him on the list, then maybe he will just go away and continue to rub the feet of his "geriactric" (spelling) girlfriend!!

Attn KMART shoppers, depends underwear on special....Isle 5!:laugh:

:smash:
JOE, you are such a D!CK! I am embarrassed to think that you EVER held an ALPA position. You usually have nothing good to say...other than the same ole....blah blah blah...you have DEFINATELY made it onto my IGNORE list! JackAZZ!:rolleyes: Hey everyone...lets all put him on the list, then maybe he will just go away and continue to rub the feet of his "geriactric" (spelling) girlfriend!!

And your a PUS! Go-ahead tell us what they will do for "us". Hey everyone...lets all put her on the list of "usefull" information. I like to know the plan.
dope

At lease Joe can make a post without high school lingo and profanity. You are such a loser. I say you're an even bigger embarassment to our group.

Whether you agree or disagree with him, at least Joe can make an intelligent argument, unlike yourself.

And as for his girlfriend, at least he likes girls (btw, it's G-E-R-I-A-T-R-I-C, MORON).

This message is hidden because TOMCT is on your ignore list.

Mediated negotiations resumed Thursday in Washington DC at the offices of the National Mediation Board. Our MEC Contract Negotiating Committee (CNC) presented a comprehensive proposal on the 13 remaining open issues. Because management so far has failed to adequately address our scope issues, we presented a counter proposal with alternative methods to protect our jobs. The Association also made a move on our proposed pay rates.
Management responded with a counter proposal which still lacked any meaningful scope protections. Management’s proposal did offer roughly a 1 percent pay increase from their last position on the CRJ 200 and ATR only. There was no increase on the CRJ 700 from management’s proposal of February 5 when they offered a 1 percent increase over the current book rates. Management still failed to offer any future cost of living allowance (COLA). In other words, after the initial raise on the date of signing there would be no additional raises for the duration of the agreement! Management did offer a minimal signing bonus for the first time.
Our CNC presented a counter package proposal focusing on four of the 13 issues to reach agreement in specific areas. The package proposal issues included in Thursday’s focus were: duty rigs, minimum day, line check override pay, and long term disability. The discussions and proposals continued well into the evening. As of 10:30 pm negotiations are still in progress.

Just got this in the email. Glad to hear they still think we need raises on the -700 :rolleyes: Sounds like same song as last time.

Let's hear it for contract 2010!

I thought it was pretty clear in the update that scope is still an issue on the table. In fact, it even went on to say that due to management's inability to address our needs we are seeking alternative methods to protect our jobs. I wonder what that could be. One list maybe? Also, they are sticking to their mantra of "no pilot left behind" by seeking pay raises for everyone. Not only that but it appears the MEC has finally convinced these clowns that there is no deal without retro/signing bonus. Negotiations were still ongoing after 10:30pm? Sheesh, I was in bed before then.

High 5 to our MEC and CNC.

I wonder how long it'll be b/4 they just start to cut and paste updates form previous ones. J.P. 2010, isn't that a little optimistic?????

:smash:
Either way, both of you pinheads spell at a 2nd grade level.

-Blucher

I a-p-p-r-e-c-i-a-t-e the e-f-f-o-r-t my inane German. The spelling was accurate. The inattentive omission of a "-" was the key. Meaning being "FULL of it", get it "use-full" not "useful".

dope

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back